6 ~ Coffee Date

She'd been meaning to bring Joe with her to the café for the longest time, but it never really happened. Both were so busy and did not really want to leave the apartment when he came over for their odd times off. 

Yet, now they found themselves standing outside the old wooden and glass door, a wide smile on Violet's lips as she looked back at Joe. "You're gonna love this place", she stated, grabbing his hand.

"I'm sure I will. This place looks great already and we've not even been inside yet." He gave her a soft smile, taking her hand to squeeze it.

Going inside they ordered their coffees and baked goods straight away, before finding a spot that was a little private but still viewed most of the café. 

"This is the coziest café I've been to in a long time! Thank you for bringing me, cariño", he murmured. His eyes wandered around at the little details scattered around the room.

"Right? My cousin Mia suggested I go here. She usually studies here, so I thought 'why not', you know?" She explained.

Their order came quick enough and they enjoyed a few moments of silence while eating.

At one point Violet moved, seating herself next to Joe on the couch, his arm instantly going around her shoulder.

"Everything okay?" His voice sounded slightly worried, and she simply smiled and nodded, telling him she wanted to see what he saw. "You'd need a mirror to see what I saw...the most beautiful woman in the room...sitting right in front of me."

That made her blush as she ducked her head, her hair falling forward like curtains. "I'm serious. You're the single most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on!" She blushed even more, which didn't lessen his attempts.

"Okay, okay, I get it, Jose, please. You don't need to boost my ego anymore than it already is", she said, her voice shaky as she looked up at him, the biggest grin on her face.

"Oh, I think it does." His statement seemed very matter-of-fact-ly, and she couldn't help but lean in and kiss him. The two of them broke into huge grins, making the kiss sloppier than it needed to be in public.

"You're too good to me, Jose." She stated, one of her hands resting on his.

"Not enough, Violet." And she leaned in for another kiss, one hand resting on his cheek.