Chapter 3

Y/N's POV:
I was still upset and angry with myself for telling Jennie I loved her.

"Aish, you dummy! Why did you tell her? She won't talk to you now," my sister, Park Chaeyoung, scolded me.
"I couldn't control myself at the time. It just came out of my mouth. What should I do now?" I asked, looking out the window.

"Make her fall for you. Do everything a guy would do for her," my sister suggested.
"But what if she doesn't talk to me or worse, changes schools?" I asked.
"She won't. Just try," my sister said before leaving the room.

I decided to tell her about this and went to sleep.
The next day, I saw her going inside the school gate. I decided to call her.
"Jennie-ah," she looked back as I waved my hand.

"Hi, Nini," I said.
"Hi, Y/N," she replied plainly, making me pout.

"Hey, Nini, are you still angry? Please, I'm sorry for making you embarrassed," I said.
"There's no need for me to be embarrassed about what you did last night. It's fine," Jennie said, sitting beside me.

"You really don't mind it?" I asked in a low voice. She just shook her head.
"I know you didn't mean it. I joke sometimes, but you always do, so it was a great joke to scare me," Jennie said, laughing a bit.

"So you thought I was joking?" I asked her.
"Of course. Why would you love me? I'm a girl and a best friend. Why, right? You deserve a very handsome guy like the one you said you had a crush on when we were kids," Jennie said, playing with my hair. I took her hand and kissed the back of it.
"When I said I love you... I really wasn't joking. I do love you. Please be mine, Jennie," I said, holding her hand tightly. But

she just yanked her hand away when she realized what I meant.
"You're joking," she said.
"I never wanted this thing to be revealed, but you really made me reveal it," I tried to
take her hand again, but she stopped me.

"You promised me you could change things for me. Then why, Nini, why?" I asked.
"I'm your best friend," Jennie replied.
"But they can be lovers too, right?" I said.
"Are you out of your mind?" Jennie shouted, causing some students to look at her. She bowed and got up.

"I can't, Y/N. And if I could, I wouldn't," Jennie said and left the classroom.
I sighed and buried my head in my arms, holding back my tears. I couldn't hold them in anymore, so I let them out, sobbing quietly. As a class leader, it wasn't good to cry.

To be continued...