chapter 2

Third-person POV:
The next day, Y/N and Jennie went to visit some places.

Y/N's POV:

"We've seen all the places. What should we do now?" Jennie asked, checking the list.
"There's still one place left," I said.
"Which is it?" Jennie asked.
"My heart," I replied.

"Are you really trying to be flirty these days?" Jennie asked, making a disgusted face.
I chuckled while looking at her.
"Why would I practice?" I said.
"To try it on your future boyfriend," Jennie replied.

"Why would I date a guy when I have you?" I said. Jennie just chuckled.
"I'm a girl, not a guy," Jennie said.
"But still, you look so beautiful," I said, smirking.
"You know... sometimes I think about my future and it makes me worried," Jennie said, looking at our intertwined hands.
"Worried about what, Nini?" I asked, facing her.

"Worried about myself... my parents, my future husband. Do you think any boy will have a crush on me? I look so ugly..." Jennie said.
"You don't look ugly, Nini. You're the most beautiful woman on Earth, and you don't need to marry a guy. Find a girl and marry her," I said.

"Ew, I won't do that. I'm a girl, and I can't be with another girl," Jennie replied.
"Why not?" I asked.
"That's weird. A girl can't marry another girl, and I'm straight as a pole," Jennie said.

"Oh..." was all I could say.
"What's the last stop? Let's give it a quick visit and go home," Jennie said, looking at the list again.
"Let's go home. I'm tired," I said, removing my hand from hers and looking away to hide my tears.

"Hey, what happened?" she asked worriedly, cupping my cheeks with her hands. She was my best friend from childhood and knew something was wrong with my tone.
"Nothing... something went in my eye," I replied.
"Park Y/N... please stop lying and tell me what's wrong," Jennie insisted, still cupping my cheeks.

"There's nothing wrong," I said, trying to remove her hands, but she kept them there.
"No, Y/N, tell me. I promise we'll solve it together," Jennie said.

"You can't change things for me, Kim Jennie," I said, looking down.
She made me look up.
"I can. Please tell me. I can do everything to make you happy. You know that," Jennie said, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Will you be mine... are you willing to be my
girlfriend?" I asked, looking into Jennie's eyes.
"Park Y/N..."
"I love you, Jennie Kim. I really do. I'm willing to do everything for you," I said, gathering all my courage.

"It can't be possible," Jennie said, stepping back.
"Jennie-ah..."

"No! Stay away from me. How can you think of me like that? I'm straight. Yeah, I'm straight," Jennie said, walking away, leaving me all alone.
"Jennie-ah..." I kept shouting, but she didn't come back.

To be continued...