Chapter 3

As Tanjiro plays with some of his toys with the watch of Akaza, Douma, and Kokushibo.
"Aka?" Tanjiro muttered.
"Hm? What is it, Tanjiro?" Akaza asked the boy.
"Can we play tag?" Tanjiro said
"Okay, sure" Akaza replied.

This reply seemed to make the boy cheer up, "Can Koku and Doma play too?"
"Ofcourse, little Tanjiro!!" Douma replied
"Why not..." Kokushibo sighs not wanting to play tag, but it would make the child upset.
"Who will be it?" Kokushibo asked.
"Mm... Aka's it!" The little Tanjiro said while running.
"Akaza, you heard him!" Douma mockingly said.
"Douma-" Akaza said angrily, chasing him first.

After Akaza chased and got Douma, and Kokushibo giving up. They all went to look for Tanjiro.
"Where could little Tanjiro be?" Douma said

"He's small enough to fit in tiny spaces" Kokushibo said
"We have to find him" Akaza replied, being somewhat anxious.

Then they heard giggles coming from behind them and saw little Tanjiro, they chased after him and he ran away, entered a room and suddenly disappeared. This process kept repeating until~
"Hehehe!" Tanjiro giggles, but was interrupted when he hits someone.
"Muzan-sama" The 3 uppermoons that were playing with Tanjiro
"Papa!" Tanjiro said while trying to climb him.

Muzan then lifts and carries Tanjiro,
"What were you doing" Muzan said
"Papa, we were playing tag. And I won!" Tanjiro announced happily
"Hm, Is that so? Well, I think it's time for you to take a bath and go to sleep" Muzan replied
"Okay, papa!" Tanjiro agreed and with a strum of a biwa Tanjiro was in his room.

"Now, I would like to ask you how he won this game of tag" Muzan announced.

After the 3 explained what went on with the game, and when it was taking too long they would use 40% of their speed to find him, but he always would disappear in the next room or turn of the hallway.

Muzan then telepathically asked Nakime if she had any help in this, she replied with no.
'So the child is fast and an expert of stealth' Muzan thought to himself.
"Next year after Tanjiro turns 5, Akaza will teach him hand to hand combat and Kokushibo will teach him swordsmanship" Muzan declared.

"Yes, Muzan-sama" the demons replied to their master.

After Tanjiro's 5th birthday had come, he was much closer to the uppermons and lowermoons. His presence was able to make the menacing demons act soft around him.

"Tanjiro, I want you to learn how to defend yourself since we won't always be around you. That's why I had Akaza to teach you" Muzan announced. Tanjiro's face beamed up, agreeing because with it he can also protect his loved ones.

"We'll start tomorrow, Tanjiro" Akaza said
"Okay, Aka!" Tanjiro replied
"Tanjiro, would you like to come with me to the night festival in Asakusa?" Muzan asked the little boy
"Is a festival fun, papa?" Tanjiro asked, with a little head tilt.
"Yes, it's full of colourful lights and delicious food" Muzan explained
"Okay! I wanna go!" Tanjiro gleefully said while jumping around.

As the time came for them to leave, Muzan dressed Tanjiro in a nice Kimono and headed off to the festival.