"Normani, Benny is here!"

BTW italics mean narrating or a sound or something and bold italics means a thought
NORMANI'S POV

Hi, I'm Normani Hanson but my friends call me Mani or by my last name. I have a older sister whom is very annoying. Her name is Maya. She always talks about her boyfriend and how I should wear a dress for once which I do, I wear dresses and not only on special occasions. But it is pretty rare when I wear one. Anyways enough about my sister. I'm 14 years old and I'm dating Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, Benny for short. I don't wanna put myself down or nothing but I don't see how Benny could date me. One, he always plays baseball I'm batter but he is so much better at batting. Two, I'm a tomboy.

Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep

I wake up from my alarm clock going off and I press dismiss lazily. I drag myself out of bed. I pick out my outfit then brush my teeth. Since I took a shower last night I didn't need to take another one. After brushing my teeth I put on a tight white tank top with plain oversized white flannel and dark blue jean shorts.

I do my hair and run down the stairs to see my mom cooking eggs and bacon. "Hey mom." I greet. "Hey Mani, want some breakfast?" She asks. "Oh, yes please." I answer. I pray then start eating after putting salt and pepper on my eggs. Then Maya then comes down. "Good morning Maya. Want some eggs and bacon?" My mom asks. "No, I'm heading out now. I'm going to Steve's house." Maya squeals. (Idk I just randomly put a name😭)

"Ok, but be careful." My mom warns and Maya heads out. I finish my food and put the plate in the sink and run up the stairs. "Stop running." "Sorry mom." I reply then walk in my room.

I put on my A's hat then I grabbed my bat and glove. I get 2 dollars then go to the bathroom. "Normani, Benny is here!" My mom calls. "Coming!" I yell. I run down the stairs and hop to the floor on the last 2 steps. My mom was right by the stairs, her right arm on her railing. "Stop running." My mom shouts, patting me on the butt as I approach the door. "Right, sorry mom." I apologize, opening the door then closing it. "Hey Benny." I say. "Hey babe." He says giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

We start walking to the sandlot. "That game was so fun yesterday wasn't it Rodriguez?" I ask. "Yeah it was. It was cool when you almost made that homerun." Benny says. "Yeah." I chuckle. "What do you think of the new kid who just moved in?" Benny asks. "I mean he seems pretty cool." I speak.

After a while we make it to the sandlot seeing everyone except Kenny there. "Hey guys. Where's Kenny?" I ask. "He's coming don't worry." Squints says. "Oh but I am going to worry. I need my pitcher because none of you guys can pitch." I say. "I can pitch." Squints says. "Oh yeah, wanna bet?" I ask.

"Yeah I do wanna bet. In fact, I bet you 3 lollipops that I can pitch better than you, Hanson." Squints says. "Ok shake on it. Before we go home we'll see who can pitch better." I say. "Ok." Squints says then shakes my hand. "Uhm guys. Its great that the both of you are getting along but its time to play." Kenny says sarcastically.

|TIME SKIP|

"Bertram." I holler, throwing the ball in the air, swinging my ball, and hitting the ball to Bertram. I keep doing that but hitting it to Squints, Benny, Yeah-Yeah, on the rest of the boys.

Kenny pitches the ball to me and I swing my bat, hitting it. It goes to the blond kid I saw yesterday. "Watch out!" Ham warns the boy. "Ahh!" The boy screams as he is trying to catch the ball but falls and doesn't catch it in the process.

All the boys besides Benny and I laugh. Well, mostly just Benny, I snickered a bit, receiving a 'really?' look from Benny. Yeah, I felt bad but it was a bit funny. "Okay. I'll get it!" The boy yells to us. He gets the ball and tries to throw it but fails as it lands about 5 feet away from him. The boys laugh at that but this time I didn't laugh.

After playing and it was about 10 minutes until we had to go home me and Squints done our bet. It was whoever could strike out Benny once, would be declared the better pitcher between the two of us.

Squints went first. Squints throws the ball, Benny hitting it. That goes on for the other two times. Now it was my turn. Before I pitch I take a deep breath. I throw the ball and it goes to Benny's bat as he hits it "Sorry babe, you're gonna have to do better than that." Benny says. My second try, I stretch. I was more determined than before to prove to Squints that I was better than him at pitching.

I bring my arm back and throw the ball and it goes straight into Ham's glove. "Yes! Yes! Yes! I won the bet!" I scream. "Yeah, yeah, who cares." Squints says. "I do, duh. Anyways, you owe me three lollipops, Squints." I say. "Alright, I'll get you your lollipops tomorrow." "Thank you, Squints." I say, giving Squints a FRIENDLY kiss on the cheek.

Yall I decided to make another sandlot story because my first one absolutely sucked. I don't get how people even read it let alone added it to their library/reading list. But thank you all for the love and support I really appreciate it. ❤

Peace out. Homies ova hoes.

Unedited