ten.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ LA LA LAND ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

❝ grow up. ❞

WHEN RILEY ADAMS THOUGHT ABOUT HOMECOMING, SHE PICTURED HERSELF WAKING UP IN JORDAN'S ARMS THE MORNING AFTER THE DANCE, AND SHE DID, ONLY SHE DIDN'T KNOW SHE WOULD ALSO BE ON A BEACH

WHEN RILEY ADAMS THOUGHT ABOUT HOMECOMING, SHE PICTURED HERSELF WAKING UP IN JORDAN'S ARMS THE MORNING AFTER THE DANCE, AND SHE DID, ONLY SHE DIDN'T KNOW SHE WOULD ALSO BE ON A BEACH. The events of the night before were a blur to Riley as she fluttered her eyes open, but the minute she realized she was on a beach, they all came flooding back. As much as the girl knew she should wake Jordan up so they could make it home at a reasonable hour, she just wanted to enjoy the few moments of peace they had before they brought themselves back into the terrors that were their lives.

Jordan's arm was slung around the girl's waist loosely as he peacefully slept in the scorching sand. Riley couldn't help but admire him as he slept. As creepy as it sounds, Riley did it often, because she enjoyed watching him be at peace. Jordan was the type of person to take on a load too heavy for him while he tried to please everyone. It only brought him down, and Riley knew that, that's why she enjoyed watching him sleep - it reminded her that there was still peace in the world for him, and that made her heart light up.

Riley didn't get very far in admiring her boyfriend, however, because before soon, the bright light of the sun stirred him awake. "Stop staring." Jordan mumbled, still half asleep, "It's creepy."

Riley rolled her eyes, "It's romantic."

Jordan laughed as he opened his eyes and met his girlfriend bed head and sleepy face, "God, you are so beautiful."

Riley rolled her eyes once more, "And you are so full of shit."

"What?" Jordan asked.

"After the night we had, there's no way I look good right now." Riley informed him as she shoved her head onto his chest.

"You're always beautiful." Jordan whispered as he placed a small kiss on her head.

The waves crashed onto the shore, much like they had last night, but today, right now, they seemed even more mesmerizing as the couple gazed out on them. The tide had come in and out, leaving the waves much further than they has the night previous, but they could still be seen and heard, and that was all they needed.

It seemed like forever the couple gazed out to the waves, before Jordan spoke up, clearing his throat, "You know, we really should go home."

Riley sighed, "I know, but I just don't want to deal with Asher."

Jordan shrugged his shoulders, "Come home with me."

"Jordan," Riley started as she moved so she was no longer lying on him, but beside him, "When your dad finds out we were out all night together, he will hate me."

"He won't hate you, he will be disappointed in us, though." Jordan told her.

"Sometimes a disappointed Billy Baker is worse than a hateful Billy Baker." Riley muttered as she reached for her dress, "Now come on, Mr. Team Captain, you have a game too win."