▪︎25▪︎

▪︎A Few Months Later▪︎

"F/N L/N"

You stood up proudly from your seat and walked up to your teacher who handed over your diploma.

You bowed and gave a final smile to your teacher before walking back to your seat next to Renjun.

Upon walking back Renjun gave you a bright smile and held your hand.

The end of the graduation ceremony was near and the final thing to do was hear the speech from your class president.

Graciously, you had been given the opportunity to take over the class president position, but you rejected the offer.

Though it would have been great for your college application, you didn't want to. Pain still lingered within certain things, so you did want to push it. But thankfully another one of your classmates was eager to become class president.

Your classmate stood up and walked up to the podium to give their speech.

Afterwards you watched many of your classmates walk off the stage to greet their parents who brought bouquets of flowers and gifts.

Including Renjun's mother. You had never personally met her and only heard a couple of stories from Renjun. Hopefully someday you would meet her formally, but you didn't want to be a bother so you watched from afar.

His mother's seemed kind as she handed over some flowers to her son. You couldn't help, but smile when Renjun began to get shy.

The blush on his cheeks spread as his mother continued to smother him in complements. You watched as his mother smiled happily.

The same smile you were greeted with almost everyday because Renjun had the same one.

You looked over the field of students seeing a familiar face. You rubbed your eyes thinking you were seeing wrong, but no there was no mistake.

She stood with a smile almost like she had left without any problems. Her hair was now slightly below her shoulders and her eyes seemed dark and puffer.

Thoughts ran through you head wondering why she would come back now. She didn't seem to cafe when she left, so why come when the wounds are healing?

You must've lost all your sanity because you ran to her without a moment to consider all the pain.

"Miyoung"

You called her name softly.

The tears welled up in your eyes. She looked older and so different to the point you thought you got someone else confused as her.

"I'm sorry"

She muttered the words. Her voice cracked as she fell to her knees. Covering her face with her hands, and whispering things that weren't audible.

"I should've accepted your apology, so please forgive me"

The tears spilled from her eyes as she begged for forgiveness.

Why though?

"What are you saying? You broke me, you caused me pain, so why are you spitting nonsense? I never owed you anything"

Miyoung removed her hands from her face looking to the floor with her eyes wide and emotionless. Had she gone mad?

"Why are you here? Why did you come back, didn't you move to the states?"

You didn't even want to give her a moment to respond. To think for a even a minute you thought she actually repented and regretted what she did to you, but of course not.

She's still the same narcissist.

She's still willing to put you through pain, she's okay with you struggling. Whatever it takes to have a better life than you, she'll do it.

"I-I came back on my own will-"

She stopped mid sentence, trying to wipe away the tears.

"Please just help me"

"Why should I help you? Weren't you the one who made me suffer? I suffocated under your presence. I was inferior to you my whole life. My parents hate me because of you and you still expect me to help you?"

Streams of tears fell down your cheeks, the anger overcame you. All these years you have tried to forgive her, to forget the painful memories. Fought the thoughts to think she was the villain.

You wanted to think of her as a reassuring friend and a close family member, yet she was never any of that. Maybe once upon a time she truly was, but those moments were long gone.

"You said you hate me. So please just leave me alone. If you truly want someone to help you find your mom or even my parents, but I'm not going to help you"

Miyoung continued her silent cries as she stood up from the ground.

"I'll leave"

She mumbled avoiding your gaze.

The truth of it all was no one was willing to help her. Her mother kicked her out after she turned 18 a month ago and your parents have gone M.I.A since you moved out.

You personally hadn't heard from them, but assumed they were okay cutting off contact with you.

Uncanny enough the last person to actually have seen your parents was Miyoung, which could mean many things. But at this point you didn't care.

Your life was getting better because of one person.

Renjun.

He smiled at you waving you over as his mom left. Your heart skipped a beat and you ran to give him a hug.

He held you tightly and pressed a kiss to your forehead.

"I love you"

He whispered softly to your ear.

"I love you too"

You responded holding onto him tighter.

Life was truly better now. He was the only person you needed, and the only person who has ever loved you.

You never believed you could have someone love you, but he proved you wrong.

His love for you is genuine and he reminds you every day.

You could never regret showing him around the school that day because without that, how could never guarantee you would meet each other.

And though you doubted it than, maybe even despised him a little for it, you love him.

▪︎ The End ▪︎