▪︎8▪︎

You froze completely, scared

You froze completely, scared. No, petrified. You couldn't even feel your heart beat or the sense of you breathing.

Was this what dying felt like?

"Renjun? Is that how you say it?"

You could feel your dad's eyes burn through you as he watched Renjum give a short bow.

"Yes sir, I recently moved here and your daughter has been kind enough to help me"

He didn't even budge when your hand pulled at the hem of his shirt. And maybe it was just an illusion, but he was looking at your parents directly.

There was no fear in his eyes.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I think we should start working on our project, thank you for allowing me to stay"

He spoke giving one last bow and following you to your room.

You quickly allowed him in only closing the door slightly leaving a small crack. Not like you would dare close it fully unless you had a death wish.

"Why would you do that?"

You questioned him avoiding all eye contact.

"It would be rude not to. It's the least I should do"

You gulped down wanting to shout at him, yell or scream. Could you even imagine what would happened?

Would you be able to even survive your parents vicous attacks?

"Let's start working on the posters"

You grabbed out some markers and colored pencils you had in your closet. There were a couple boxes to be honest, and if necessary you would pull them out, but for now a couple would be just fine.

Renjun unrolled the poster paper he brought and layed it flat on the floor. He used a couple things to keep the paper from rolling up like you phone and anything else he found around your room.

"So should we start with writing our names? Y/N as president and Renjun as vice president"

"President? I thought you wanted to be president"

Your eyes widened. This whole time you'd been anxious about your parents and Miyoung you completely ignored exactly what you would run for.

And maybe you had become more settled with the idea thinking you would be running for second position rather than actually going head to head with her.

But how could you be calm knowing you would actually be against her, for real. Not just some silly joke you might have played around with her before.

Those jokes have been long due; you've moved on with time.

"Yeah, I told you I wanted to run with someone who would be president"

The anxiety wouldn't even move on, the fact that you ignored the most important part killed you.

But it's not like it was Renjun's fault. He was clear and straight to point. While you ignored it blinded by your worries.

"Are you sure you don't want to be president, I think you fit the role better"

"I've tried it, I'm not that good. Besides don't you think a person who's been around longer would know their classmates better"

He had a point. He didn't know much about your classmates, unlike you who had lived there pretty much your whole life.

"But they won't want me as president, I won't even get everyone's vote"

Renjun scoffed, "You might not get everyone's vote, but you just need the majority. Now let's finish the posters"

He grabbed the the light blush pink creating a bubble letter title for your name and filling it in with a pastel purple.

"The colors suit you, you have a soft personality that will appeal to most"

His voice was soft and quiet as he continued with the poster and you starting on the next.

The time passed almost instantly and it was almost past ten.

"I should get going before it gets any darker. I'll be here to pick you up tomorrow"

You nodded your head and walked him out despite still being sacred of your parents, but there was no need to worry since they were sound asleep in their room. 

You even disregarded his statement despite hearing it loud and clear. You hoped it might have just slipped out by accident, but you would still get ready just incase.

It was the proper thing to do anyways. And if he didn't arrive you would walk yourself there. There was no need for you to ponder on it any longer and you walked up to your room and felt your eyes grow heavy.

You should at least get some proper sleep.