9장.

Solo leveling¦09

⤷⥐⤶

"HAH... HAH..."

Her pants were ragged as she sat up, beads of sweat falling from her skin fastly. Her lips were parted, eyes shaky as she glanced around, before placing a hand against her chest in unbelief.

I'm alive, she thought, I... I really am alive...

She paused, feeling the heartbeat beneath her skin bounce rapidly, only slow down a few moments later. She blinked. She still couldn't believe it. With confused eyes, she faxed around the room,

"A hospital..."

"-Jin-woo.."

The man was the next thing to come to her mind. Jin-woo. Where was he? He was alive, surely. Right?

Throwing her blanket off of her body hastily, the short woman got to her feet, neglecting the slides kept beside the bed in case she were to awake.

The woman slid open the door, moving quickly out of the room. Of course, it seemed to startle a few other patients and passersby, who stared at the woman like she was insane.

As [Y/N] moved towards where she thought was the reception area, she paused at the sight of two men clothes in black suites, her eyes widening at the sight of that.

Pausing the dialogue the blonde was previously having, he glanced at her, "It seems we've found our patient. Miss [L/N]."

The woman glanced between the two, the confusion on her features only growing. "Huh-?"

⤷⥐⤶

"The Korean Hunter Guild's Inspectors..." [Y/N] mumbled out as she read the card she had been given. The woman had been escorted back to her bedroom; only being persuaded into doing so after being told that Jin-woo's location was known.

She rose her head, before tilting it to the side with a shy smile, "Nice to meet you, sirs." She then opened her eyes once more as the two stared at her.

"....What could the Guild's Inspectors want with me..?"

"You've been asleep for five days now." The man with slicked back blonde locks spoke, eyes tired. This said man being named Chief Woo Jin-chul.

[Y/N] blinked, "F-five... days..."

"Yes. Two more days more than Mr. Sung."

"Ah— W-where is he now, if I may ask...?" [Y/N] bashfully questioned, her cheeks dusting a light shade of pink. "He's safe. As stated earlier, once done with our schedules business, I will reveal Mr. Sung's location."

[Y/N] nodded, gaze determined.

"What of the other hunters...?" She questioned, "They are okay, right?"

"Yes, they're safe... But..."

But..?

"Hunter Song's lost arm will most likely impede his future work from now on, so he may have to retire if he chooses to. Hunter Lee Ju-hee is still getting treated due to her extreme trauma. It's uncertain if they will stay as hunters."

"Ah- What of Hunter Kim Sang-shik?" She questioned, eyes soft. He may have abandoned us all.... But I don't blame him one bit. It's simple human nature. I have no place to judge after all...
"He's safe, is he not? He's with his family, yes?"