6 The Training Train Leaves the Station

*Normal POV*
"Sweggity, swoogity" said Aaron. "Shut up", said Eliza. Jessamyn shushed them. They all stretched for a bit and when they were done it was time to get down to business (to defeat the huns).
"We're gonna work on your hand to hand combat skills" Jessamyn said loudly so all of the trainees could hear. "Um, why exactly" Marina asked. "What do you mean?" "Well, I thought we were here because we have powers" "Yes, and your point is?", Jessamyn asked, slightly ticked off. "Why do we have to do this if we could just train to enhance our powers?" Marina retaliated. Jessamyn was about to say something back when Xavier interrupted them. "What if that kid is there?" he said.
"What kid?" Marina asked him.
"The one who can de-activate mutant po-"
"Drop it" Said Levi. Marina and Xavier both shut up.

Jessamyn walked to be in front of all the initiates with Levi trailing her. They both stood on a big dark blue mat, sort of like the ones they have in gymnastics gyms. Levi looked Jessamyn in the eyes, then with a swift motion, he swung at her with his fist. She expertly leaned back, dodging his punch. He hit again, but this time she caught it and pushed his fist back toward his shoulder. Levi grunted in pain and then kicked under Jessamyn's legs, tripping her. Her back hit the ground with a thud, earning a loud groan from her.

*Xavier's POV*
Ok, I know that girl is a spy and all, but that had to hurt. Levi turned to look at her and offered a hand to help her up. Then the girl (Jessica I think) turned her head towards us and winked. She put both her feet around Levi's neck and twisted her body, yanking him to the ground.

Aaron's twin started clapping and everyone joined in. "Uh, do we have to do that?" Aaron asked. "No." Jessica told him. Aaron sighed. I guess he has powerful powers but he can't really physically fight. "We will teach you how to hold your own in a fight, just in case you need it. "Everyone get a sparring partner." yelled Jessica. Aaron's sister walked up next to me, inderectly telling me that she was my partner.

*Jessamyn's POV*
All the initiates partnered up with each other. There was an odd number so Levi became partners with Dezzie, so it was not a problem. I sat on the balance beam, criss-cross-applesauce, and got on my phone. 20 missed calls. Whatever it was must be pretty important since they called me 20 times, so I called back. It barely had time to finish the first ring when a very excited male voice screamed in my ear.
"Yes! You called me back! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CALLED BACK!"
"Um, may I ask who this is" I said as politely as I could.
"Yes! Ask me ANYTHING! I mean, it's Chris. Chris Connoway."
I rolled my eyes and sighed. Not this guy again. Chris Connoway is the most annoying person I have ever encountered in my life. He calls Coulson 5 times a day, 7 on weekends, asking to be a superhero with us.
"How did you get this number?" I asked him.
"I called Coulson so many times he gave me this number." he explained.
"Look, Chris, I'm gonna have to call you back, Bye!" I said, hanging up on him. Oh god.

*Dezzie's POV*
Fighting is very hard, but apparently necessary. I really think we should be focused more on saving people. I mean, combat skills will help too but there should really be a first aid class seeing as none of us have healing powers. "Ok, it's time to eat now." Jessamyn says from the bench. She rises and leads us all out of the door.

*In the lunch area*
All the the teens ate like they hadn't seen food in weeks. None of them were very athletic, and it showed. As far as all-knowing spy organizations go, S.H.I.E.L.D actually had decent food. "So," Jessamyn asked. "how was training." Everyone groaned in response. Jessamyn smirked. "Well, that's just too bad. We do this every day until noon."

*Levi's POV*
S.H.I.E.L.D must focus on super powered-ness to recruit people, because these children are pathetic. "Um, that's rude." Aaron says out loud. "Hey guys, apparently we are pathetic." Aaron says. The lunch area here has only one large round table, so everyone hears.

"Hey! I did pretty okay." one girl says. I think her name was Mariana or Marinara or something. Aaron's twin laughs. "I did awful, my fat is proud of me." she grins. "Yes! That!" Dezzie says and the two girls high-five. "But it's still kind of mean that you called us pathetic. It is the first day."

"You're right." I say, because they are right. "I know she's right, apologize." Marinara says sassily. "Ok, I'm sorry." I say. Mariana seems content with my apology, and we all continue to stuff our faces.