Chapter Two

"I must not be interrupted!" Sapp-Queen Sapphire- moons, this was going to be hard- snapped. Opal could tell she was trying not to scream. She couldn't help feeling a pang of sympathy. Having such power thrust upon someone as young as her, and so fast- this was why she couldn't bow to her as queen.

"Your majesty," Opal sighed, "I think I'm the interruption you specifically requested?" Sapphire whirled around to face her.

"Excuse me?" She snarled. "What did you just say?"

"What an amazing and incredible queen you are, obviously," Opal replied flatly.

Sapphire narrowed her eyes at her.

"Good." She said gaily.

This was going to be worse than she had thought.

Opal pasted a smile on her face and said, very calmly, in her opinion, "You were going to request a gift, right?"

"Oh, yes!"

Sap- you know, she was just going to give up on this. Sapphire's whole demeanor lit up. Of course. That girl was obsessed with power. Opal had to protect the kingdom from her. She shivered as she imagined Sapphire's sharp claws slicing her kingdom to pieces, all while saying to the other queens, "I'm doing great!" And the worst thing was, it could actually happen.

"Well," she started, but Sapphire cut her off.

"Now, darling, as I'm sure you know, there are many enemies of the Icewings, and I have no doubt that they will strike now, when they think we are weak." She smiled, her sharp teeth glistening. "So I've decided to find them first."

"So, what is it that you want?" Opal questioned.

Sapphire grinned. "Oh, nothing dear, something very, very, small."

Opal prayed to the lost soul of her queen as she watched the opal ring on Sapphire's finger sparkle.

"I would like you to enchant this ring."

"Of course, my queen. And what shall it do? What shall I call it?"

"What it does? We'll get to that later. As for its name?"

"I think I'll call it the gift of vision."

Hi! Luh here. Sorry for the super long wait, super bad story, and super short part😞. I've been really busy. This is really bad, but hope you like it! Please vote or give constructive criticism. I love making small edits to make my stories better! (I also love notifications🙃)

~❤️Luh

Be Happy!