Prologue

"I love you"

Two young adults stared at each other. Gazing into each other's eyes seeing their past, present and future all with one stare. Happiness, relief, acceptance, joy, nervousness, too many emotions to count filled the air.

A soft breeze that made the cloudy day feel just a little colder. Neither of them felt cold. A small smile appeared on the young man's face. While the young woman's eyes broke down away from his; realizing the situation they were in.

She wished for this day to come for years.

It didn't feel like that long ago he admitted to liking her to her grandfather. Even though it was years.

She would've never been the one to make the first move. Not after her massive fail back in their first year at Xyrus academy. Well maybe it wasn't as much of a fail as she thought.

She always felt like he was closer with her since then.

"I love you too"

Those words.

Such special words are said almost everyday. A husband to wife, a wife to husband. Mother and Father to children, and vice versa.

Love was reaffirmed with others everyday.

So what made this so special?

They couldn't quite say now. Right now this feels like the end of it all. No more weird emotions, only certainty of love and happiness.

Even so if someone were to ask them after years to come, after they settled down with their family and grew old. They would both positively say it was only the start of it all.

Even with the words said they still didn't know what love truly meant.

Afterall, this is a story about finding the meaning of what love really is.

They care for each other too much to voice, they trust each other, they would give their own life for the other.

So how is that not love?

Sometimes a word has more to it than a definition could possibly offer.

The will of love.

The start of their story.

Hardship, questions, mistakes, sweat, tears, blood, loss, gain, happiness, sadness, resolve, past and future.

Everything in this story is their reason why.