Part 3: Past Regrets

Hey everyone. We've made it to part 3. Both me and CrackedInkWell were excited about this one as we want to see people's reactions to Blitz's past which is going to be revealed here. It's probably the most changed thing about Blitzo and explains more about him. You'll see more of it in the final chapter next week, but for now enjoy.

As always, please fave, like, and share this fanfic. And please comment to so we can get your thoughts. This is a pilot after all and the more reactions we get the more we get the feeling if this is something to go full series on or not.

Chapter Text

Millie despised every moment of this. Unbeknownst to the gang, the two Angels followed them just overhead. As to Blitzo's orders, they were simply watching them without being seen. That was it - just observing where they went. This alone was beyond frustrating. The mission had already blown up in their faces - plus, they had threatened not just Zac, but them as well. That alone must have been strike two, but for every minute that these little psychos were free, Millie was getting closer to snapping each of their little heads o-

She felt her husband's hand on her back. "It will be okay, Millie."

She shrugged it off. Yes, it was evident that she was mad, but not at... looking over her shoulder, she saw a hurt expression on Moxxie's face. "I'm not mad at you," she told him. "Just... I can't believe that Zac just suddenly gave in to these vicious, manipulating-"

"I know, I know." Moxxie nodded.

"They can't just expect to get away with something like that." Millie clenched her fists. "I want Blitz to give the order to really rip these little jackasses a new one!"

"Millie!"

"What? You're thinking of it too!"

Taking in a deep breath, Moxxie flew around to face his wife. "Yes, but you know that we can't solve absolutely everything by punching... or kicking... or stabbing them thirty-seven times... or putting a bullet into their heads."

"What about-"

"Especially not by chopping their limbs off one by one while they're fully aware. Sweetie, you know we only use violence as a last resort. Only when we've exhausted every other tactic, every other negotiable way, every opportunity to show mercy do we ever use our weapons. Non-lethal or otherwise."

"Even when they clearly deserve it?"

"I didn't say they don't. And knowing Blitz, I can't imagine that he wouldn't have us call this mission accomplished unless we did something with them, regardless of how this turns out. We'll do it if we have to fight because it's necessary. In the meantime, you shouldn't let them get under your skin."

Millie didn't say anything because not only was it true - but it was her weak spot. Her husband knew that it didn't take much for her to become wrathful enough to want to hurt whoever had injured her pride and self-worth. In truth, she wasn't good at being patient with others when they acted with such disrespect. When Moxxie said about having those get under her skin, she remembered a time not too long ago when that happened.

***Nine Months Ago***

In hindsight, Millie should have let it go.

It started after the company had succeeded in a major mission that Blitz wanted to celebrate. And for a good reason - they'd prevented a small war in South East Asia by the request of a peace activist who formerly did some shady things with the Mayamer government. Having prevented so many potential deaths, much to their relief, the three of them went off to celebrate.