Chapter 7

Somehow, my aunt, Tundra managed to get me to carpool my cousins to school... plus their best friends. I pull up in the school parking lot & the four ninth graders spill out of the back seat, literally tripping over themselves. Icicle races that redhead girl, Carnelian, I think up the front steps, & through the front door, laughing & trash talking the whole way.

Winter reaches out his hand & helps up the blue-haired girl who spends practically every second by his side. She has on a white sundress & blue sandals her long hair is pulled back in a high ponytail. A white headband with cat ears rests on her head. The two walk into the school hand-in-hand.

I climb out of the car & start to walk in after them. I trip over a snow-patterned backpack & realize that Lynx must have dropped it. I pick up the heavy bag & run after her.

I loose her in the throng of teenagers & go to the office & ask for her home room.

I walk to the room & knock on the door. The teacher opens the door & lets me in.

"Umm, Lynx dropped her backpack earlier," I hold it out & Lynx's manicured hand quickly snatches it.

"Oh! Thank you so much, Snowfall!!" She jumps up & wraps her arms around my neck.

"You're welcome, I guess."

With that, I walk out of the room & to my home room.