EPISODE 5 : THE NEXT GENERATION

Opens with Igneous arriving in the tunnel. It’s a very long and straight tunnel extending as far as the eye can see into the distance. A mine track runs down it, which he follows. There are other Magnorites walking about.

He gets to the end where the Magnorites are mostly mining, and starts mining as well. Then he spots Borgen off to the side, and goes over to him.

Igneous : Hey… hey it’s you!

Borgen looks up, confused.

Igneous :We met outside the tavern, my name’s Igneous. Did I introduce myself before?

Borgen : *uneasy* I’ve never met you.

Tries to get Igneous to leave him alone.

Igneous : Yeah, yeah it was you! Borgen, right? You directed me to Maxwell- I’ve been trying to help K’arthen reunite-

Borgen grabs Igneous and pins him against a wall, and whisper-shouts to him.

Borgen : *whisper-shout* What are you trying to do, get me killed?! You don’t talk like that around here.

Igneous : *quieter* I’m not from around here… but I came to help.

Borgen releases Igneous slightly.

Borgen : Why would you want to help us?

Igneous : Because… I’m a Magnorite like yourself, and what happens here affects us all.

Borgen let’s go of Igneous and thinks for a moment.

Borgen : You need to be more careful, Igneous. You’re lucky I’m one of the few Magnorites who wants peace with Cydonia. It’s hard to find others willing to stick their neck out and stand against the majority.

Borgen stops talking as another Magnorite passes by. He lowers his voice.

Borgen : Listen, when our shift is over, follow me closely. I’ll show you something.

Igneous nods. Back to the Magnorites returning back up the tunnel. At the end of the minetrack, it turns into a side-room. Borgen tugs at Igneous to follow him into that room.

Borgen : This way, quickly.

They sneak into the room and hide behind some crates. Igneous crawls on top and looks at the center of the room where the minetrack stops.

There are piles of TNT filling the room.

Igneous : Oh my… that’s a lot of TNT. Is this how they’ve been mining the tunnel?

Borgen : This isn’t a mining tunnel, Igneous.

Igneous looks around incredulously. Borgen looks grim as he points out the truth behind the tunnel.

Igneous : So, what is it?

Borgen : It’s heading south… under Cydonia.

Igneous finally frowns as he makes the connection.

Igneous : *concerned* They’re going to attack Cydonia from below.

Borgen : The people of K’arthen are finally starting to want peace, and that threatens those in power. If they can re-ignite the war…

Igneous : … They’ll stay in power.

Borgen : Exactly. And judging from the distance of this tunnel… they’re almost there.

Igneous : I have to tell Maxwell. He doesn’t know about this.

Borgen : Be more careful this time… and do hurry.