2. Did I Fall on Him?

Sonic falls toward the planet, out cold. He slowly comes to before a green barrier envelops him in midair. However, just as it appeared, it vanishes. Then...

Sonic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sonic lands hard on the ground with the Chaos Emeralds close behind! Once he pulls his head from the crater, he looks around.

Sonic: What the heck is going on?!

As he looks on, Sonic appears to be at a coastline, complete with a scenic view and a windmill nearby. He then notices a small winged mammalian on the ground, asleep. Sonic picks it up and checks it out. Luckily, it's uninjured.

Sonic: Hey, are you okay?

???: Can't...eat another bite......

Sonic: Hey! Pull yourself together!

Sonic shakes it awake, and once the creature takes a look at Sonic's face, he panics!

???: AAH! Don't eat me! I taste bad!

Sonic: Are you okay? Nothing broken??

The creature is surprised that the "monster" isn't intending to eat him. He then flies over to Sonic.

???: I'm just fine. Thanks for asking, Mr. Monster Guy!

Sonic: "Mr...Monster Guy?"

Sonic takes a look at himself: Huge arms, excessive fur, fangs, claws, and his shoes have gained spikes around them, like makeshift cleats.

Sonic: Looks like things have gotten pretty ugly.

???: I'll say! Look at those teeth! And those claws! Just who are you anyway.

Sonic pulls a thumbs-up for his usual short-and-sweet introduction.

Sonic: I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. And you are?

The creature was about to respond, but he stutters!

???: Wait. Who am I?! Ahh! I don't know! I can't remember!

Sonic: What?! You forgot who you are?!

???: Well, I remember something falling from the sky...

He acts out the scene by plopping onto the ground.

???: ...and everything just going all white. And then, nothing! I can't remember a thing past that!

What a predicament! A little critter has amnesia! And what caused it is awfully similar to Sonic's bad landing.

Sonic: Uh oh. Did I fall on him?

Sonic may not be entirely sure if  his fall caused the critter to lose his memory, but he is always willing to lend a helping hand.

Sonic: Don't worry. I'll help you get your memory back.

???: Really? You can? Oh, thank you, Mr. Monster Gu- I mean, Sonic the Hedgehog.

Sonic and the critter high five! Just then, the sun rises, opening a new day, and suddenly, Sonic transforms to normal!

Sonic: Huh?!

???: Whoa! That was amazing!

Sonic takes another look at himself: Blue fur, normal-sized arms, and his signature red sneakers! He's back to normal!

???:  Cool! You went from all big and scary to blue and spiky!

Sonic: Good! Think you can keep up?

???: Why ask that?

Sonic sets down in a runner's starting pose. 3, 2, 1... GO!!

Sonic blasts off!

???: Oh, I get it!

Sonic explores the area more. Apparently, he's going through a countryside path toward Apotos. 

???: You sure are fast, Sonic!

Sonic: You haven't seen nothing yet!

Sonic boosts his way through the path and jumps up a cliff. Ahead was the town of Apotos.

Sonic: Come on! We're almost there!

???: Right behind you!

With a town close by, there could be clues for Chip's identity. No better place to start then there!

End of Chapter 2