𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
"Worse Ways To Die"
——

Having been abandoned by Negan, Jane loses her grip and falls off the train car

Having been abandoned by Negan, Jane loses her grip and falls off the train car. She tries to climb once more, but is grabbed and pulled down again by a walker. "Ah!" Jane groans as she kicks a walker in the face while grabbing a knife out of her boot. Once she retrieves her knife she kills any walker in sight. "Ugh" Jane grunts as she pierces her knife through the skull of a walker, killing it instantly and continues to fend off the walkers but they continue to descend upon her causing her only route of escape to be under the train car.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group makes it inside the train car, but finds that the doors to the adjacent car are rusted shut. When Negan comes down, the group inquires about Janes whereabouts, "Where's Jane?" Silas asks as he looks around confusingly while Ashton and Maggie look around with worry. "Where the hell is she?!" Maggie exclaims as she pulls her out her gun immediately pointing it to Negan.

"She was—" Before Negan could even get a word out Silas and Ashton push him roughly against the wall in anger. "Be carefuel what you say next" Ashton warns as he looks to Negan with a deadly stare. "She was right behind me" Negan answers as everyone looks around for Jane but she still has yet to return.

"Then we go back and get her" Alden wishes to which both Silas and Ashton agree but Maggie is hesitant. "We should keep moving" Maggie states as she puts her gun away, all while looking to Negan. "This sicko probably got her killed! We have to get her!" Silas shouts, looking to Maggie. "We are no good for her if were dead" Maggie states as she looks around around at the group to see no one objecting to stay here and continue moving.

"Maggie's right, that's just suicide" Frost dissuades and although Ashton is clearly upset, he decides they should continue the mission because its what Jane would've wanted. Silas looks back at Negan as he slowly but surely lets go of him and was about to walk away but instead he swung his fist along side Negans face, knocking him up against the seats harshly.

A few moments later, the group tries to pry open the door and after helping Silas and Frost switched places so Silas could rest for a bit. Silas sits down for a moment and Ashton comes over to him while he takes a breath. "We'll get Jane back" Ashton promises trying to make Silas feel a little bit better about the whole situation when suddenly, they hear banging beneath them, specifically signaling SOS in morse code.

Silas slowly stands to his feet, looking down at the trap door on the ground. "Hey, I need something to open this" Silas calls out and Duncan tosses him his crowbar to which Silas uses it to open the trap door. When he does, Jane climbs into the subway car, revealed to have survived. "Jane!" Ashton cheers as he rushes over, helping Jane into the train car.

Jane breathes heavily as she looks around, fixing her jacket sleeve. Her eyes stop upon Negan who looks more guilty than he did before. "Are you okay?" Maggie asks as she pushes through the group to see Jane. Jane doesn't answer. Except, she continues to look to Negan with the deadliest look, ready to take his head any minute.