Chapter 11: The Exam Begins.

Vicarstown: Provisional License Exam: Men's locker room.

The Billinton in blue equipped on his uniform and sword, feeling a mixture of determination and anxiety from the test that was about to come. This was a big step and moment for him, for he was going to get the needed credentials for a full fledged sorcerer-knight. Exhaling carefully he did the final checks on his gear before stepping out.

Provisional License Exam: starting field.

Thomas managed to arrive in time as his classmates all sat waiting for him. The CEO of the very company that held and ran the events of the exams stood before all the student mages on a podium as he looked at all of them sternly.

"Today, you young sorcerers and sorceresses take a special exam that will determine whether or not you have the skills to help defend innocents from magic based threats. Those some sound ridiculous, all situations involving misusers of this great power are to be taken seriously and with absolute prejudice. Not to say you should be prejudice on one's looks, but more on their actions. If unjust or without good reason, you take them down without second guessing and hesitation. The same goes for monsters or other banished foes summoned by evil doing mages. For even if being forced to do the intended action, it's better to end their lingering pain rather than let keep going."

A small sigh of relief escaped from Thomas's lips as he heard that particular part.

"Thank goodness that they thought about that." He thought. "Hunter is still a very big danger to Sodor and to hear that the high ups have thought about situations similar to what he'll bring will certainly help those who end up running into him."

Thomas continued on to listen as the CEO prepared to wrap things up with the intro.

"The first test for you all is a test of your speed and swiftness of your skills with a sword or magic. Each of you will try to collect as many points from the monsters you kill as well as attempting to avoid a shot from the training pistols we'll be handing out. The bullets are completely made out of lighting magic and the most that they'll do to a person is paralyze them for a time. Take four people down, and you'll pass the test."

Everyone nodded and began to line up into multiple lines to equip themselves with the training pistols. Unlike the rest of his friends and classmates, Thomas was used to having a weapon in the other hand and was more than willing to wield Excalibur and the training pistol at the same time, since he did train in a similar fashion of set up with his handguns and original mana steel blades. As he then exited out of the hoard of people, Thomas noticed Lady looking quite baffled and absolutely confused as she fiddled about with her own training pistol.

"Never fired a gun before?" He asked knowingly. Lady sighed and nodded at the boy's remark.

"No. I never did. How do these things even work?"

"They have a casing full of their ammo that usually slides in here and other more modern models." Thomas explained as he pointed to the end of the ammo clip. "For this one, you slide this upper part back and then quickly forth again to load it with one of the bullets." He then demonstrated with one of his personal handguns which held a similar mechanism as those being used for the test. Lady gazed in amazement at how easy it actually was.

"Never thought it'll be that easy." She remarked. "But how come I never see you reloading each time with yours?"

"That's because my personal ones are modified." Thomas explained. "They're specially specific for dual wielding. Henceforth why they seem fully auto. I think if your mana circuits are used correctly you can temporarily magically enhance it to where it'll have the same effect."