Chapter 20: Diamond Heart.

In the Castle of Turpi-Potentia....

Thomas and Hunter charged at one another, clashing blades. Gusts of wind blown about with each clash harder than the last. Memories of his abuse from him flashed across Thomas's mind as he scowled darkly at Hunter.

"Whoa! Hunter! That was cool!"

"Shut up, Thomas!"

"ARGH!!!"

"You're so weak and stupid!"

"CLANG!!!!"

"BAM!!"

"Argh!"

"Hiya!!!"

"THUDD!"

"YOU LITTLE BRAT! I WAS SUPPOSED TO WIN!!!"

"SLAP!!"

"AH!!!"

"CLANG!!!!"

"What?! Do you really think that those poems are going to be great sword-spells? Gosh! You're so stupid, Thomas!"

"But... But.. Grandfather said..."

"Grandfather says a lot of things! Listen to mine and uncle Horace's advice for once you brat. Granddad's an old geezer and really not worth respecting."

"Meanie."

"And to think that I once admired him!" Thomas then thought as he returned to the present day. "This sick, twisted, no good, piece of rotten crap! I hate him! I hate him!"

Thomas gritted his teeth and released a battle cry as he charged himself at Hunter. No matter how it went down, he wasn't planning on losing.

Meanwhile, further up north....

Billster and Timothy lead the group as the dashed through corridor after corridor. They found no members of Hunter's faction apart from the guy himself, thus stating that he came alone. As they dashed as if their life depended on it, Percy began to wonder how things were to play out.

"Hey! Billster! Timothy! Got a plan for once we reach the portal gate?!"

Billster nodded and began to recount his thoughts.

"My sword is made from the flames of a Greek god's forge. If I use it malleable flames memory of its elemental release, I should be able to make bombs powerful enough to blow that sucker up."

"Sweet." Thomas's friends all uttered in unison, making Billster a bit lost for words.

"I guess they secretly like seeing stuff blowing up." He thought as his sweat began to drop from how he felt.

"Regardless of what you guys think..." Timothy reminded to the crew. "We're not blowing something up for fun, okay? We're in a dire situation here and there's no other way to destroy that thing!"

"Right..." They all spoke in disappointment as the solemn aura was practically visible upon them.

Back with Thomas....

They were still clashing swords as they endlessly charged at one another. However unlike last time, they both managed to get marks on each other. Hunter breathed heavily as he smirked devilishly at his former legal brother.

"Never expected you to last this long." He hastily remarked. "Still, my legion should be here soon, so I better make this quick."

"KABOOM!!!" The ground suddenly shook as dust fell from the roof. Hunter gasped in horror as he felt a certain connection within him close out.