TRISKELION

"We are in final launch sequence,"  a man on the PA said.

"We are go on guidance," the S.H.I.E.L.D. Tech informed.

"All personnel to launch station," a woman on the PA ordered.

Pierce met the World Security Council as they arrived at the Triskelion.

"And how was your flight?" Pierce asked.

"Lovely," Councilwoman Hawley replied. "The ride from the airport less so."

"Sadly, S.H.I.E.L.D. can't control everything."

"Including Captain America or your own daughter," Councilman Rockwell said.

Pierce walked over to one of the guards who handed him a case containing four pins. "This facility is biometrically controlled, and these will give you unrestricted access." The council members each took a pin to wear.

PROJECT INSIGHT HEADQUARTERS

"I've been parking there for two months," Com Tech One said.

"But it's his spot," Com Tech Two told him.

"So where's he been?"

"I think Afghanistan."

Com Tech One spoke into his earpiece. "Negative, DT-6. The pattern is full." He said to his colleague, "Well, he could have said something." Suddenly, they heard a sharp noise through their earpiece. "Ow!"

"Must be the dish."

"I'll check it out."

A man on the PA said, "Triskelion command request we clear the area for launch."

The Tech went and opened the door only to be faced with Steve, Sam, Liesl, Dakota and Hill on the other side of the door. Sam and Hill pointed their guns at him.

"Excuse us," Steve, Dakota and Liesl said and the tech held his hands up and stepped aside to let them enter.

Pierce addressed the World Security Council members. "I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here, and the world should be grateful." They started drinking to Pierce's toast and suddenly they heard Steve over the S.H.I.E.L.D. microphone that everyone in the building could hear.

"Attention, all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me, Dakota Pierce and Liesl Barnes over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if Liesl, Dakota and I are the only ones, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet we're not."

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked.

Liesl smiled lightly and said, "That was from the heart."

---

"You smug son of a bitch," Councilman Rockwell retorted.

Councilman Singh said to the two HYDRA agents that entered the room, thinking they were S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, "Arrest him." The HYDRA agent pointed his gun at Singh.