🌉~True Happiness~🌉

~Sequel to Home

     hap·pi·ness
/ˈhapēnəs/
noun
the state of being happy.
"she struggled to find happiness in her life"

~

~

Y/n they/them pronouns
~tw : previous homelessness, emotionally abusive parents, homophobia, bruises and angry schlatt
~In which Y/n, newly (not yet fully) adopted by the chuckle sandwich boys and Grace is left to explain what exactly happened to them, coming to terms with their trauma as Schlatt seeks justice in a fit of rage

  ~that morning
     Y/n sat up, feeling akin more to a creaky old board than to a human as they stretched. They glanced over at the now moving figure beside them. It was the woman who they recognized as Grace, friends with Charlie, the light haired guy from earlier. She was reading a book, scooted a bit away from you for your personal space. She looked at you, slightly shorter than you if not your height. You awkwardly smiled back at her and she reached over for her glasses. She tapped at the desk, reached for them and placed them hastily on her face.

     "Sorry, I'm half alseep-" She broke into a yawn halfway near the end of her sentence. "Well....speak of the devil- anywho, hey. Oh! By the way- if you're wondering why you're in the same bed as me, this is actually me and Charlie's bed, he gave up his spot for you to sleep here and he and Schlatt made a pillow wall between us." She spoke, a small grin on her face at the thought of her boyfriend's childish but adorable antics to make his beloved girlfriend and newfound 'bAyBaYyyyyYyYyy BoyyYYY/GirllllLll/BeaNNNNn' comfortable. Y/n laughed at the behavior as well, brushing some hair from their face and noticing they were wearing an entirely different outfit from the night before. Grace noticed this. "Oh, yeah- sorry about the clothes, they're getting washed. He let you keep on the underpants and stuff but he gave you one of schlatt's sweaters and Ted's baggy as hell pajama pants- oh- are you okay with me swearing? Just lightly, I'm the least sailor mouthed of all of us-" you just nodded a yes. Her explanation, even if it was long-winded, was a sweet effort and also helpful. You now remembered sleepily putting on the clothes he awkwardly handed you from the half cracked-open bathroom door. You asked to exit and look around and she nodded. "of course! Be careful though. The bathroom is down the hall and to the left, mkay?" Y/n nodded back at her and left, glancing around. The beige-tan walls in her room complementing her room's pleasing aesthetics, the warm green academia vibe combined with the clear love for animals and literature was something they already liked. Plus Charlie's things gave a similar but less plant-y, aesthetic look which was not too bad with the rest of the room. You could tell who the aesthetically motivated interior decorator was in the pair. Y/n made their way out of the room after getting a good look at it.