4

"is everything ready, jay?" the girl shuffled back forth between the contestants and students. her hair tossed in different directions.

"yes ma'am but i think you really should go get ready" jay admitted not trying to make her feel offended but she needed to fix up herself.

"i will! just— is everyone here?" she grabbed the checklist of the contestants from the table top and started running through the names "taehyung, here. jungkook, here. taehyun, here. dino, here. sunghoon, here and ni-ki, not here"

she let out a frustrated sigh and look up at jay accusingly "isn't that your friend? where is he?"

"he'll be here soon, don't worry" jay put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her towards the exist of the hall "go and take a shower, your girlfriend and i will take care of everyone from here, jieun"

she sighed in defeat and gave jay a warning look before walking towards her dorm room.

"jay hyung, how's the set up going?" jungwon approached him immediately after. he was wearing a baby blue sweater and some long pants but still managed to look adorable, in jay's opinion.

"good i guess. ni-ki's not here yet. do you know where he is, kitty?" the endearment was already familiar to jungwon but he never really knew why jay called him like that. sure many have said it before but it's just weird coming from someone within his own friend group.

"not sure—um i'll just text him" jungwon took his phone out from the pocket of his pants and quickly started pressing into it before putting the phone to his ear.

"ni-ki! where the fuck are you?" jungwon cussed at him the moment the line connected.

"jungwon hyung?" ni-ki sounded confused and then rustling was heard on the next line "fuck, i'm late! shit um i'll be there in five" ni-ki ended the call and jungwon shook his head.

"so is he coming?" jay asked, opening a bottle of water to drink. jungwon gave him a reassuring look and snatched the water bottle from his hands. he took a huge sip immediately.

"ah! thanks hyung i needed that" he pushed the water bottle in jay's hands. jay just rolled his eyes with a playful smile on his face.

"sure thing, kitty"

"asshole"

"have you guys seen ni-ki?" jungwon and jay turned to see sunoo "is he really ditching this cause he knows he will lose?"

"ni-ki's not going to lose sunoo we all know that" jungwon was confident and he knew sunoo also was aware of that but the things with these two idiots was they never admit their true feelings.

"we'll see i guess"

"he said he'll be here in fiv—" jay was interrupted by a screaming boy heading their way.

"i'm here!" ni-ki ran in breathless with a huge canvas in his hand. baggy pants, a sweatshirt and bed hair accompanied his look "sorry i'm late jay. i hope your sister didn't disqualify me yet" 

"nah you're early, there's still 10 minutes until the event starts" ni-ki sighed in relief at jay words though it was a bit hard to tell when his breaths were punched out of him. he hunched down with his hands on his knees.

"take this" 

ni-ki looked up to see sunoo with a water bottle in his hand. so much for calming his breathing down, sunoo just made it 10x worse.

"did you poison this?" ni-ki looked at him skeptically and sunoo held his heart in a dramatic offense.

"i would never! whatever. i guess you don't need this" sunoo retracted his hands and twisted the cover open. the coldness almost touching his lips when it was snatched from his hands by the taller male.