Chapter 17

Zane, do you use Disco? Lumine asked Zane.

"What brought up this question?" Zane asked, turning his head while he stirred rice in a metal bowl.

Aster brought it when he mentioned gaining a follower? Lumine responded.

"So he sings, huh? Well, I have it, but only use it for listening to music," he said, adjusting the flame under the metal bowl. He took a bottle of soy sauce on the counter, and poured some onto the rice, then mixed them together.

Lumine sat there, lost in thought. Could I get an account? She finally asked.

"You could. When we go to buy your phone, we can download it. Plus, it will help you fit in more. Kids your age have the app, whether it's on a computer or their phone," Zane said, taking some of the rice and putting it onto a plate. "Here's your dinner," he said, giving the plate to Lumine. Lumine took a spoon and started eating.

Just then the doorbell rang.

Zane walked up the door and looked through the peephole. He then opened the door.

"Hey, Z," Larkspur said, stumbling into the apartment.

"Are you ok?" Zane asked, catching her. Lumine got up from the counter and walked over to them.

"Yeah, just a bit tired," Larkspur replied, holding her stomach.

"Holding your stomach isn't a good sign of behind "fine"," Zane said.

Lumine walked over to Larkspur and touched her stomach. She then ignited a fire from her hands. Larkspur sighed with relief.

"Thanks, Lumi," Larkspur said, sitting on the ground. She started to take her shoes off, but her hands shook violently, and she couldn't grip the laces properly.

"Let me help you," Zane said, getting to his knees. He helped Larkspur take her shoes off. She blushed.

Lovebirds, Lumine thought, grinning. Dinner's ready, by the way, she transmitted to them. Snowy made it.

"Fried rice," Zane said, grinning.

"My favorite," Larkspur sighed.

Lumine rushed to the kitchen to make Larkspur a plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your contacts? A voice whispered.

"Who!?" Aster flinched.

It's me, you idiot, the voice responded. Lumine crossed her arms.

"Wait, that was you!?" Aster responded, dumbfounded. "I knew you could use telepathy, but hearing makes it a lot cooler."

Lumine blushed. Thank you, she responded. What are your phone numbers? Snowy got me a phone yesterday, and I want to stay in contact with you guys.

"Oh, sure," Aster said, pulling his phone out. He pulled his contacts list out and showed her Lyre's and Rudi's phone number, then entered his number into Lumine's phone.

The speakers buzzed for a few moments, then a voice filled the cafeteria.

"It has come to our attention that many students want to participate in the face reveal of the popular Disco artist, Luna Tone, so during lunch, we will be playing the face reveal live on the projector. For those of you who wish to not participate, you may go to the gym to eat your lunch for today," the voice replied.

The cafeteria filled with cheers and everyone there started talking louder, their voices filled with excitement.

"Well, isn't that fun," Lyre said as she and Rudi walked up to the table and sat down.

"Please, you don't have to pretend that you like her music. It's not that bad," Aster said, smirking.

What is her music like? Lumine asked them. Lyre and Rudi flinched.

"Who!? Wha- huh!?" Lyre sputtered, looking around wildly.

Relax. It's me, Lumine, Lumine responded, giggling a little.

"Please don't give me a heart attack, I swear I've had more than I want to," Lyre said, putting one hand to her heart. "And no, that did not scare me."

"Ok, sure," Rudi said, before anyone else could argue. Lumine chuckled softly.

"Luna Tone's music is good, if that answers your question," Aster responded. "I have a few of her songs on my playlist." He opened his phone again, and started to scroll through it. "She has 100 million followers. I only have 150," he sighed.

"It's not like everyone gets popular overnight," Rudi pointed out.

"True," Aster replied. They sat in awkward silence.

Lumine pulled out her phone and tapped away at it.

Done, she replied, putting her phone away.

"What's done?" Lyre asked.

I just downloaded Disco onto my phone. I plan on making myself an account later. The bell's about to ring. Lumine said, pointing to a clock.

They all got up. "Come on, let's get to class," Rudi said, pulling Lyre.

"Noooooooooooo!" Lyre whined.

"Too bad! Now, come on!" Rudi exclaimed.

Aster snickered as the four walked to first period.