Chapter 2

Jayde's Pov

"Dana!" I yell and her small footsteps coming towards me

"Yes my queen?" Dana asks, she is one of my favorite handmaidens and I've been friends with her since we were children, we used to play together until she had to go to training to be my handmaiden in the future. She is still one of my closest friends

"Can you go tell Mara I need her in my room please?" I asked

"Yes my queen," she bowed and hurried out the room.

I walked towards my room and collapsed into my bed. About 5 minutes later, Mara came charging through my door and jumped on my bed right next to me.

"Hey queenie," she said. I rolled my eyes.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?" I asked. She huffed and got up, walking to my desk to fix her hair

"Way too many times but I'll still call you queenie even when you're not the queen," she retorted.

I was about to say something when she interrupted me.

"So what did you call me here cause I know you didn't just want to 'chat'" she put chat in air quotes. I raised my brows

"Why did you do that?" I asked

"She turned around to look at me with a smirk. "Do what?"

"Ugh nevermind. I called you because I have someone new coming today."

She turned the chair facing me to give me her full attention.

"Do you remember that lady I was telling you about the other day?" I asked

"Yea the one with the..... gambling problems," she nodded.

"Yup that one," I affirmed. "Well she came in yesterday and get this? She owes me almost $200,000 and she comes in and tells me she only has $25,000!" I laugh darkly

"But no, she has a plan," I mocked her

"So she sells me her ONLY daughter just so she could live and I know that she knows she'll never see her daughter again cause she'll never get that money," Mara gasps.

"Oh my spirits! Who would do such a thing to their only child?"

"Yea and not only that but she was supposed to be here hours ago and she's not here yet so now i'm stuck waiting!" I said letting out a huff.

"Well, do you know what she looks like?" Mara asks

"Nope I have no clue," I shrugged my shoulders. "If she looks anything like her mother, we're probably going to have to keep her away from all the succubi," I winced at the thought of what's to come.

"Well How about we check her profile?" Mara asks. I raise my eyebrow.

"Do you not know what a profile is?" I roll my eyes

"Of course I know what a profile is but how are we going to check it?" I ask. Mara comes back to my bed and sits next to me. She looks at me incredulously.

"You're the queen and you don't know how to check people's profiles?" She looked at me shocked.

"No, I usually have dana do it."

She nodded. "What is her name?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Fine, do you at least know the mothers name?"

I shook my head and she facepalmed.

"Dana!" She called. We could hear her footsteps running towards the door. She stopped right in front of the door and knocked.

"Yes Mara? Is she bothering you again?" She asked teasingly

"Come in dana and yes. I don't know how she's queen when she's useless." She mumbled the last part.

Dana came in with her hair messed up and her shirt on backwards. We both raised our eyebrows and looked at each other with a smirk.

"Morgan keeping you busy?" I asked and she looked at me annoyed.

"I don't know why you let me date a succubus. I regret all my life decisions," she said as she tried to fix her hair.

"I heard that!" We heard Morgan scream from down the hall and Dana widened her eyes.

"Oh no, don't make me go back. I cant handle it right now," she begged us

"Don't worry we might need you for a while. This useless queen doesn't know how to open someone's profile and if that was bad, she doesn't even know the name of the girl she just bought OR her mothers name," Mara rolled her eyes.

"Oh I have that in my files," Dana used her magic to pull out her tablet then started to scroll rapidly till she found what she was looking for.

"Ok here it is, the mothers name is Connie and her daughter's name is Taryn, last name is Reese," she continued scrolling until she gasped.

"What? Is she a succubus?" Mara asks excitedly. Dana shakes her head.

"She has 8 spirit animals," she says looking up at us. We look at her wide eyed
"8 Spirit animals?" I asked and Dana nodded. "2 or three is common but 8 is unheard of." Mara agreed with me.

"Do you have a picture of her?" Mara asks and Dana nods, continuing to scroll on her computer she pulls up a photo of Taryn. (The photo from the characters chapter)

"She looks like trouble, Good luck with that Jayde," Mara says. She opens her hand out for danas tablet and Dana hands it to her. I see her scrolling through the pictures of Taryn as a child. "Honestly if you don't want her i'll surely take her,"

I snatched the tablet from her hand and started to scroll through her photos

Woah. She's beautiful

"You will not try to get with her mara. She's too young and she looks too bratty for you. I know you like yours fully submissive," I said as I rolled my eyes. (she does that a lot. I honestly don't know how they're not stuck up there)

"You can't stop me," she says as she gets up and leaves the room. I look at Dana to see her looking at her collarbones in the mirror.

"She's like a damn leech," she mumbles and I laugh. An alert appeared on the tablet in my hands that made me smirk

Taryn Reese has arrived

New characters in the characters chapter!