1: A new chapter in life

I sat inside of the empty dressing room. Velvet wallpapers surrounded me as I gazed at myself in the mirror. I straightened my red bow tie and combed my already combed hair but it would be more appropriate to say that I was fidgeting.

I took several breaths and closed my eyes. Taking a moment to absorb everything that just happened. 

13 years ago, my high-school life started. I met a lot of interesting and unique people, from people that acted like normal teenagers to students that have suffered through out their lives, most of them, the main cause was themselves. But that doesn't matter right now, each one of them grew and blossomed into wonderful people. Some have even shined on the world stage.

 I've had some contact with some students but for most, it would be their first time seeing me since graduation. 

My battle with that man also started 10 years ago. 

I traveled through out Japan, finding and locating the little information I could find. Developed connections in normal society and the underground. Destroying the fragile yet sturdy structure which made up my father's house of cards, the empire that he has built with himself at the top.

I take more time to absorb myself, to reflect.

I removed my eye cover.

I've grown. I thought to myself .

I never took a good look at it as I tried to seal it away from everyone. I didn't even want to look at it myself. 

I touched the hideous scar that crossed my right eye and followed it's streak. My pupils were pale yet they still functioned despite the heavy injury. I shuddered, goosebumps were sent through my body as chills were sent down my spine.

I'm sorry, Tsukishiro. I wish you were here to see me.

It's best that I covered it. Kei wouldn't think too highly of it. 

Regardless of that, a new chapter in my life has opened, one where I'll live happily ever after with Kei next to me. Probably grow old and die along side her as well.

As I typed and recalled the events of the past.... it really does sound like a fairy tale. The hero finally swoops in and kills the dark lord and marries the princess or the female partner that has traveled with him through out his journey. Witnessing the hero's highest and lowest moments in person. Watching him grow alongside her, as a person and as a lover.

I chuckled at myself at the thought. 

I don't think I can even call myself a hero during that journey but it wouldn't be right if I said that I wasn't the main protagonist. Hmm, I wonder what I was. 

Someone then knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Suzune turned the handle and opened the door. She stood out of the room yet her body was leaning inside.

"Are you ready? It's your time." She smiled

I got up from my seat and walked out of the room. I closed it and walked through the castle's corridors alongside Suzune. She had her clipboard on one hand and a pen tugged inside of her chest pocket. 

"Are you nervous?" Suzune looked at me. 

The corridor is pretty long and it looks like she wants to make small talk which I'll happily accept. 

"My palms are sweaty, is all I can say. But I am looking forward for today. You?" 

"I'm fine, I don't really have anything else to say." She said. 

I nodded. 

We then continued walking in silence until we reached the door. The quiet atmosphere wasn't awkward, a better word to describe it would be, peaceful.

Small talk would be nice but I don't have anything that can come to mind. All subjects that I want to discuss with Suzune is saved for later one. It doesn't feel appropriate if I discuss with it now. 

"But despite that, thank you Suzune for helping us organise this event." 

"It's no problem, I was the person that volunteered, wouldn't Satou be the person you should be thanking?"

"Well, I just wanted to thank you. You've done a lot for me."  

She nodded and understood what I was trying to imply.

"You'll have time to talk to the us after the ceremony right?" 

"Yes, I've told the team that they can come to me anytime if there was a problem but I sorted out every detail for the wedding alongside Kei and Satou so there won't be any error. If there was a problem then it's just bad luck."

She shrugged. 

We finally reached the door. The door which was the only thing that was separating Kei, me and the people that have gathered for this event. I grasped the handle of the door. 

"Before I open the doors. How many came?"

"You'll see."

"That's not very reassuring."

"Don't worry Kiyotaka, the result won't disappoint you. Trust me."

"Alright."

I took a deep breath before finding the courage to push open the door.

I entered and walked along the isle, I was surprised to see that all of the rows were filled. All of my friends sat side by side. Most, if not all, were already married. The cheerful expressions of Akito, Haruka, Keisei and Airi waved at me.

I stopped searching and looked straight ahead. Kei looked down at the ground but her silky white gown radiated and captured her beauty. Light penetrated from the castle's window giving Kei a natural spot light.

I was in a trance until I noticed that I was already in front of her. She then looked up.

The priest then said something about marriage but I couldn't hear what he was saying, my focus was purely on Kei. The environment didn't matter to me, I don't care what time it is. Kei looked absolutely stunning. 

Eventually, the words "I do" flew out if our mouths but before I pulled her in. Kei pushed me slightly and raised her hands and removed my eye patch from my face. Revealing my scar.

I tried to cover it with my hand and looked away but she grabbed my wrist and shook her head. 

"You've always hid that scar from everyone, even from yourself. But taking a good look at it, it looks beautiful. I'm sure Tsukishiro would be proud." 

I hesitatingly moved my hand away from my face and slowly looked at her.  

"Perfect." She said.

She then quickly pulled me in for a quick kiss.

"I wasn't prepa-"

She cut me off and kissed me again but this time, it was longer. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder and so did she. The background started to fill with applaud as the piano started to play. 

This is, my new chapter in life.