3: Kakeru

"Surprise!" Everyone shouted once all of us entered. Manabu-senpai, Suzune and I were standing in front of the crowd of policemen, the policemen who are a part of Suzune's department. The 3 of us just stood there as Kei was standing in front of this giant cake while waving her hands around. From the sides, someone then ran towards her, to give her a mic and quickly ran back towards the crowd. 

"Test, test." She cleared her throat before starting her speech. "Hello everybody, I know I'm supposed to give a speech about today's day but everyone knows it's Kiyotaka and my wedding so I'll skip that part. A few weeks ago, when we were preparing the event, Kiyotaka subtly implied that we could join this wedding with another event. A celebration for the police's recent achievement. Discovering the location of the whiteroom and the arrest of the mastermind behind the whiteroom. This investigation took years, 6 to be exact and I'd like to congratulate all of you guys on this achievement. We have finally abolished that establishment so lets celebrate." 

Cheers and woos filled the entire room which was slowly replaced with claps. Kei gave the mic to someone else and ran over towards us. After that, someone else went in front of us and explained how we were going to finish this massive cake and that slices will be handed out by people and that we won't be taking it by ourselves. How ever, Kei and I were called in front to create the first slice of the cake, which we did. We then walked away with our slice while the wedding committee organised themselves into a sort of station, where someone would slice while someone else would plate it.  We were also instructed to form a line somewhere on the left of the cake. 

Kei and I then walked back to the group with our slice.

"Kei-san, you make it seem like you weren't involved in the process at all." Manabu-senpai said. 

"Yeah you should give yourself more credit." I said. 

"Nah, I was in the investigation not really because I wanted to destroy an evil establishment. I don't have that sense of justice like Suzune-kun or Manabu-senpai has. I only did it to find you, Kiyotaka."  

"Kukukukuku, how romantic."

Ryueen walked towards us while snickering, along with Hiyori and 1 kid on his shoulders that was pulling on his hair. 

"Oi, I said stop that." 

"Ryueen." Kei and Suzune said in unison. He looked tired, to say the least, his hair was ruffled, both of his eyes had bags and a small beard was formed. 

Hiyori waved at all of us which we replied with the same gesture. However, Ryueen didn't stop in front of the group but continued walking until his face was directly in front of mine. 

"Ayanokouji. That eye ok cause you look like shit." 

"Ryueen, have you even looked at the mirror today?" 

.....

There was silence for a few seconds but those seconds felt like eternity to the people that didn't know what was going on. Manabu and Suzune calmly looked at Ryueen while Kei watched the situation with wariness. Nobody dared to open their mouth with the tense environment. However, the tense atmosphere would soon be broken with Ryueen's boisterous laugh. 

"Good to see you again Kiyotaka." We both swung our hands into each other and made a firm handshake. 

"Likewise, Kakeru-san."

From the reactions, I could see that most of them was confused. 

"Let's just say that this man here helped us in the investigation by providing me with certain information that was crucial."

That information being, powerful people in the underground. 2 years after graduation, Kakeru somehow established himself as a really powerful person in the underground. Using his connections and some of his resources, I managed to locate vital information regarding information of the whiteroom as well as discovering major intel on my father's location, who was on the run at the time. 

What did he get for helping me? I helped him clean his hands and start a new life away from all of the underground business he was involved in. Helped him eliminate the obstacles that were getting in the way of him having a normal life. Why? His reason being that he wanted to start a new life with Hiyori, and that pulling back now was the smart move when he wasn't that deeply involved. 

Though they don't need to know about that.

For 2 years we worked together so you can say that we was the closest thing to a partner for me.   

"So he's an unofficial member." Suzune said. "But how did we not know about his role though?" 

Her "we" meant the police.

"I didn't think it was necessary."

"Oh I see."

She took the hint and decided to not continue the topic.

"That's right." He then proceeded to slap my back really hard. 

"That must've hurt." He said. 

"Did it?" I shrugged. 

"Well whatever, I just came here to congratulate this man on getting married and that's it. I'll be going off now." Kakeru said. 

"Wait, Ryueen-san. You can come here and talk with the rest of us." Kei said. 

"Nah, don't want to. There's lots of food here and I'd rather eat.... Oi, stop pulling my hair." Before Kakeru and Hiyori could leave however, the kid kept on pointing to the cake that Kei had on her hands.

"What? No, you'll get one soon. Let's go." 

"Wait, you want this cake?" 

Which was replied with a nod.

"Are you sure Karuizawa-san?" Hiyori asked. 

"Yeah it's fine, there will be other slices anyways." Kei shrugged. 

"Sorry for this." Ryueen said. Hiyori then grabbed the plate and began to feed the child. 

"What's her name?" 

"Akari." Hiyori replied. 

Akari was then happily eating the cake her mother was feeding her while pulling on her father's hair as they were walking away. 

"Well that was unexpected." Kei said. 

"Which one, Ryueen marrying Hiyori or Ryueen having a first-name relationship with Kiyotaka?" Suzune asked. 

"I guess you can say both." Kei answered. 

"I'd like to look around and grab some food while I'm at it, as well as going back to Akane, wanna follow me around until you find Ken, Suzune?" Manabu asked. 

"Sure." 

"See you then, everyone." 

Both of them then walked away, leaving only Kei and I to be alone. 

"Wanna walk around for a bit?" 

"Eh, why not." She shrugged.