☁︎ Prologue ☁︎

"fuck!" Tataya cursed. It was 6:40 am and Valerie took a long to get up. She got up and quickly walked into Valerie's room and woke her up. 

"Hey Val can you wake up, you got to school," Tataya whispered slightly shaking her. 

"No, give me 5 minutes" Valerie mumbled back.

 "Okay, fine" Tataya spoke back. She got out Valerie's Clothes and walked out to make her cereal. She put the milk in the microwave and then walked to her room to get dressed.

It was fairly hot, so she put on leggings and a white crop top, Her job didn't care what you wore unless you were half-naked.

 She quickly put conditioner in her hair and finger-combed it. She checked her phone and saw it was 6:51 am.

 "shit!" she swore. She walked into Val's room and said, "come on Val, you have to get up". All Valerie did was yawn and said "okay". She put her arms up and said, "can you pick me up, please?".

"Okay," Tataya smiled.

 She picked up her sister with an ugh and walked over to the kitchen and put her in her high chair. 

She quickly reheated the milk. And stood there until she heard a ding. When she did, she got the Weetabix bars and put them in the bowl. She could hear Valerie whine, but she just ignored it. When she finished, she sat down next to the high chair and feed her. Three minutes later, the cereal was gone, and she got Valerie out of the high chair. Then walked into Val's room to get her dress. Tataya was off to walk Valerie to school.

🂋

She got to the bar and put on her apron. "I'm sorry I'm late" Tataya Called. "Tay, you know it's okay," her boss told. Tataya walked to the front of the bar. " Hello, what can I get you?" she questioned. She repeated this for 4 hours until she saw this woman walking. "Hello, what can I get you?" Tataya asked. "Can I have a vodka sunrise please" the women shared. Tataya got the drink made and gave it to her. "Thanks Tataya".

"Your welcome um"

 "Jaq" 

"Your welcome Jaq". She noticed it was her break, so she took off her apron and walked to the back.

 "It's your time now" she said, walking in.

 She listened to her boss groaning. "Come on". "Fine". Tataya had nothing to do so she just walked to the front and said "ill be back in four hours,". Her boss said, "okay". She walked back to summerhouse and went to Pat's house. She knocked on the door and waited until Pat opened it.

"Hi Pat, how are you?" Tataya greeted.

 "I'm good, how are you?" 

 "I'm good, pat, just work is stressing me out" 

"oh if you ever want me to have Val just tell me"

 "I know, maybe this weekend if that's possible"

 "yea that's fine"

 "Can I come in?"

 "Oh yea, you can," pat said, moving out of the way.

 "You should meet my boy Dushane"

 "I would love to pat" "yeah, I could make you and him meet on the weekend if you want" "I don't mind pat" They talked until Tataya had to get back to work. "Bye pat, hope you have a good day" "bye Tataya" She went back to work and finished her shift.

🂋

She got off work at 3 pm and got Valerie from school. "Hey Val, you want to go shop?" Tataya asked. "I don't mind," Valerie said. "Okay let's go" Tataya picked up Valerie and walked off to the shop. They needed sugar, cereal and milk. After they got everything and a few more things, they went home. She heard a knock on the door. Who the fuck could that be?