Vol. 12, Ch. 26: The Final Barricade

Volume 12's POV: Third Person POV

It was a long time before Miyuki had awoken. The sky had fallen into night, but there was no way to see that from where she was located now. This room she found herself in was massive, easily twice the size of the cafeteria. The walls were plated in gold, the supporting pillars were finely crafted, paintings of all kinds from abstract to landscapes were put on display, and there was a fine red carpet from the doorway that led to the throne at the other end of the room. Was she even at school anymore? Miyuki couldn't tell. Her face was of confusion, her eyebrows briefly furrowing until she took the sight of the ropes that bound her to a chair.

"H-huh?!" She squirmed briefly in her chair, but neither the chair nor the ropes would budge. The metal chair she sat in was bolted to the ground. This situation felt oddly familiar to her...

What she wasn't familiar with however was the table next to her. On that table was a wine glass which was half-full of what had to be alcohol. Miyuki's never been close to alcohol before, but did alcohol ever smell this strong? The scent felt like it was burning her nose with the glass only sitting next to her.

"How are you feeling, my dear?" A familiar voice would be heard from in front of her. She was so lost in the examination of where she was that she failed to notice who was standing in front of her. The sight of the man made her try to squirm a little harder to get out of the ropes, though it wouldn't budge.

"L-let me out!" Miyuki would shout, though knew that there was no 'escaping' these binds when he was around.

"I'll take that as 'decent'. Good to know, good to know." He would reply, then proceeding to reach into his dress coat's pocket and revealing a leather glove, which he would slip onto his right hand. "That means you're good enough for me to ask my questions."

Miyuki gazed at him with a mix of fear and anxiety. What questions could he possibly ask? About the group? The group that was dead? No, they weren't about that at all. They were much more personal questions, which he was eager to jump into without hesitation.

"You're such a beautiful young woman, Miyuki. Young, strong, famous, and a quality I like the most: durable. I don't want to hurt you."

"B-but then why are you doing this–" Miyuki would be interrupted, Stronzo's finger being gently placed on her lips.

"No no, I am not done yet! Tsk tsk, interrupting me again would be just as bad as answering me wrong." Stronzo examined his glove, then looked back at Miyuki. "First question I would like you to answer: What are you?"

"Wh-what? Wh-what am I?"

"Did I stutter, my princess? I'd like to know what you are. The crowned and famous soccer champion! The word of the school district of someone so spectacular and impossibly catch-able that whatever school has them on their side might as well give up! I've longed to know just how you are able to act in such a way even before you dipped your toes into Ki. For all I am concerned, someone of your fighting ability should have been squashed by Seijo... but you lived. You are not normal, Slippy." Stronzo then leaned over and gripped the arms of the chair tightly, saying in a quieter tone: "I shall ask this again... what are you, Miyuki Sekken?"

"U-uuh.. I-I don't know! I-I guess I got lucky!"

"Wrong answer..." Stronzo sighed, then moving his gloved hand towards the wine glass, dipping his fist in the substance. Without warning, his fist furiously glided across her face, the force causing her to spit blood from the impact. "Your pretty face, it will be but a mess if you don't answer me honestly." As he spoke, Miyuki's face would begin to feel a sharp burn like if she were stung by a million bees. Her head rattled around from the impact, but she was lucky enough to recover... but the impact wasn't the bad part, but whatever was causing the prolonged stinging sensation that grew on her face by the minute.