Ben's Story (3)

Ben stomps out the school building, every step making his head throb more. But he wanted to get as far away from school and as fast as possible to a place he could unwind. Jokes on him however, with his head throbbing and his vision blurring again, he slowed down and leaned against a wall. 

"Damn it," he hissed. 

"It has nothing beneficial going on," his teacher's words repeat in his head.

His slips an insult through his lips and slides down the wall. He closes his eyes, hoping it would help his head and feel better so he could just get home or something. 

"Hey, you really should see a doctor." The voice made his eyes snap open and he regretted not being able to suck it up and walk all the way home. A couple of feet away stood the girl he threw up on. The sight of her filled him with mixed feelings.

Unconsciously, he was surprised she had no grimace on his face. But there was no smile either.

Ben looked down at her shoes, her tights and skirt. They were wet of washing off his snacks and drinks he had the previous night. The smell was still there and it made the weight of guilt heavier.

"Do yourself a favour," she spoke. "get yourself checked at a hospital or so."

He wanted answer - retort, but his head was throbbing so much. His teachers words echoed between his ears again. 'My life has benefit!' "Look, I'm sorry for what I did."

A scowl grows on her face and Ben couldn't be anymore confused. "What's with the face?! I said I'm sorry."

'Stop looking at me like that!'

He wanted voice out his confusion to how he's feeling but his voice saying the sentenced cracked and sounded pathetic. Her frown deepened and she sighs. "If you won't help yourself or let someone help you, nobody can help you."

"I don't think we are talking about the same thing here." Ben sighs and shuts his eyes, leaning his head back.

"I know you don't mean what you say. If you're really sorry, you'd make sure it doesn't happen again and by doing that you have to help yourself or let someone help you."

'You never looked at me like that..'

"Tch. When did you become such a bitch?"

"When did you become such a lowlife?!"

The both of them stared the other down. It didn't last long as the girl sighs and walks off. 

'Damn it!!'

"Wait!" Ben calls out weakly reaches out and gets a hold of her skirt. 

"Gosh, let go Be-!" She looks back ready to tell him off but froze when she saw him motionless on the tiles. "Ben? Ben!"

She shook him but no response. The girl grabs her phone and calls the emergency line.