Ten

Four months ago

Four months ago. July

Kinsley was on the phone after I'd showered and walked out of my bedroom in a pair of sweat pants. She paced the living room in front of the windows, tight little bike shorts hugging her ass.

A new framed photo was hanging above the fire place mantle and I smiled at the selfie we'd taken a week ago while we were cooking in the kitchen together. Kinsley took whatever opportunity she could to teach me a new vegan recipe. The food wasn't bad. I had no idea how many alternatives to meat there were.

"No, because he signed," she snapped in full business mode. She was so damn hot when she got her boss bitch voice on.

"Yeah, no, he can get fucked. We had three different proposals drafted, Hughes went to print and I confirmed it all with him last week. We had it in writing so if he thinks he can back out now, he's got a fucking fee on his hands. It's a complete waste of investors time and money."

While she ripped into whoever was on the other end of the line, I set up the espresso machine and started putting the dishes away. Kins worked hard, she was on the phone a lot and she was good at it, but it stressed her out more than it seemed to bring her happiness.

The phone call went on for a while and when she hung up, she dropped her cell onto the sofa and buried her head in her hands.

"Fucking idiots," she grumbled.

I wandered over, wrapped her in my arms and held her tight. She kissed my bare chest and snuggled in. The things I would do for this woman were endless. Whenever I thought I couldn't fall for her more, I did and I loved her, even though I hadn't said it, I loved her.

"I like that photo," I said, kissing the top of her head.

"What about the plants?"

There was a moment of panic as I scanned the room and then I saw the new plants vining out of the pot and down the shelf on the wall.

"Perfect," I said. "This place has never looked better."

She leaned back and looked up at me. "You don't mind if I do that sort of thing?"

"Do whatever you want around here," I said, my hand running up and down her back, caressing the curve of her ass. I gave it a gentle squeeze. "Move in if you want to."

Her eyes narrowed. "Move in?"

"You're here all the time."

"I have a place," she said. "I have two, sort of."

"If you're not here, you're at Sadie's. You should sell the apartment in Granville."

"No," she pushed herself from me and started picking up her clothes which were draped across the furniture. "I like that place and I might need it in the future."