ONLY A FRIEND?

Dhruv: Yes, I want to marry her

Aryan: You can't!

Aryan realized he had shouted the words and everyone was staring add him due to his odd reaction.

Aryan: I mean how can he marry Shahana like this? We don't know even know him personally and Sahana hasn't yet given consent.

Dhruv: I'm Dhruv Malhotra, one the most powerful businessmen in India. Many girls yearn to marry me. In short, I'm among the most eligible bachelors of India.

Ranbir: If so many girls are after you, why do you want to marry Shahana?

Dhruv: She has stolen my heart since the first time I saw her in the market. She has cast a magic on me and I can't live without her.

He spoke so convincingly that no one would believe that he didn't love Shahana at all but was merely bluffing.

Aryan: But she hasn't given the consent yet.

Dhruv (sweetly): Shahana, do you have any problem in marrying me?

Aryan hoped desperately that she's would refuse, but luck was against him.

Shahana: No

Dhruv: See, everything is clear now. So,the engagement is on the day after tomorrow and the other rituals will follow suit.

Sarita ji: How will we arrange everything so soon?

Dhruv: You won't have to do anything. All the arrangements will be done by me.

He made them understand the planning and left.

Prachi: Things accelerated quickly. I didn't expect everything to happen so fast.

Aryan: Why did you say yes to him?

Shahana felt a pang of sadness on seeing him. She brushed off the feeling thinking that even though she liked him a lot, he didn't reciprocate the feelings.

Shahana: I will have to get married some day or the other, so why loose this golden opportunity. He is handsome.

Aryan was shocked at her words. An emotion surged in him.

Aryan: I need to reach home early today. Bye.

He left immediately, being unable to tolerate the marriage talks of Shahana and Dhruv.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Purab was shocked to receive the news of Shahana's marriage from Ranbir. He always thought that Aryan and Shahana loved each other. He wondered why Aryan hadn't told him about it. So, he went to his room.

Aryan was lying on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. No emotions were visible on his face.

Purab: Are you unwell, Aryan?

Aryan got up and looked at his father.

Aryan: No dad. I'm a bit tired.

Purab: Are you unhappy about Shahana's marriage?

Aryan: Why would I? I'm happy that my friend found her love.

Purab: But your behavior tells something else. Tell me the truth, do you like her?

Aryan was stunned by the question. He had always considered her as a friend and never thought about it.

Aryan: No dad. She is just a good friend.

Purab: Take your time and find the true answer to your question before it is too late.

Purab left but Aryan was thinking what he said. Did he really like Shahana more than a friend?

 Did he really like Shahana more than a friend?