Chapter - 4

All the pre wedding rituals are over and today is 14 February the wedding day.

Mrs. Karmakar is very busy and she is on roundup to check out if everything is perfect or if something is missing.

Wedding guests were very much excited about the wedding and about their looks, everybody wanted a nice look.

.

.

.

Vineet was about to get ready for his wedding. But instead of getting ready for the wedding he was sitting idle and was lost in his thoughts. 

Mrs. Karmakar came to his room and informed him that the wedding mahurat is at 9:00 pm, so without creating any stupid seen he should come down in the mandap on time for his wedding. She warned Vineet.

Hearing About the wedding, Muhurat Vineet's face came down. He started thinking if something could happen in the meantime  like some important guest met with an accident or the priest fell ill so that he would not have to get married then it would be a very joyful moment for him. 

Mrs. Karmakar said that she would send  some of his friends who will help him in order to get ready for his wedding.

 Mrs. Karmakar came down and asked Pankaj, Rajat and Sachin to help Vineet. And bring him down at the mandap in mahurat.

.

Three of them  went upstairs and entered Vineet's room, they found that Vineet was standing in front of the window and was staring outside. They called him but he was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't hear their voice.

Rajat marched towards Vineet and put his hand on his shoulder. Vineet gets scared and turns around and asks when they came. 

Rajat said that they just entered the room. And asked him what he was doing near the window.

.

'Khidki se kud kar bhagne ke bare main soch raha tha, ki tum log aa gaye'. Vineet  murmured.

Sachin asked Vineet what he said. Vineet said that he wasn't saying anything.

Vineet started dressing up. Pankaj started making fun of Vineet that he will not be a free man, he is going to lose his independence, he will have to spend his life according to someone else's wish.

Vineet was ready. And was waiting for the priest's call.

.

.

.

.

At 9 o'clock.

.

.

All the wedding guests had already arrived at the wedding hall and taken over their seats.

The priest was sitting beside the havan kund. He asked Mrs. Karmakar calls the groom, as the mahurat  was about to begin.

Mrs. Karmakar sends Nikhil to Vineet's room to bring him down.

Vineet came to the mandap and sat in front of the priest and the priest started chanting the holy wedding mantras. After a while the bride was called, she came along with her friends and sat beside Vineet. 

As soon as the bride arrived everybody was excited to see the bride but all in vain the bride was in ghoonghat so no one could see her.

The priest asked the couple to exchange garlands and welcome each other into each other's families. The bride is draped in a mangalsutra by her spouse…..The bride's sari tied to the groom's shawl which was draped from his shoulder to her sari. Priest asks to start seven steps around the fire, as the priest chants seven vows for a strong marriage.  After the completion of seven steps, the priest asked the  groom to apply sindoor…..After sindoor was applied the priest announced that the wedding is completed and from today onwards the bride and groom are husband and wife.

The priest asked the bride and groom to take blessings of their elders , and both the bride and groom took blessings of Mrs. Karmakar and the other elders.

Because of the bad omen nobody was able to see the bride, everytime bride was in ghoonghat.

Mrs. Karmakar announced that tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock there will be the reception for the bride and groom and at the reception ceremony everybody would get the chance to see her beautiful daughter- in - law.

All the wedding guests were tired so they went to their respective rooms to take a rest.

Vineet was not able to sleep as he was very tense and was thinking that if he tells his wife about his lady love, is she going to understand  his situation or will things  get worse.

Next Morning,

Everybody was having their breakfast.

'Aaj sham ko hum sab ka intezar khatam ho jayega kyunki aj ham sabhi ko Vineet sir ki wife ko dekhne ka mauka milega', Pankaj said very excitedly.

Vineet was standing at the corner and was on his phone. He was talking in a very low voice so that no one could hear his conversation.

Mrs. Karmakar came towards Vineet and told him to have his breakfast with everyone. Also suggested that he stop trying to reach out to his girlfriend as he is a married man now and has responsibility towards his wife.

Vineet came, sat with everyone and had breakfast.

Vineet was eagerly waiting to meet his wife so that he could say that he didn't want to get married. He got married because of Mrs. Karmakar. 

.

.

.

At 8 o'clock

All the wedding guests gathered for the reception. And take their seats. Everyone was excited to see the bride.

At 8:10 pm Bride and Groom arrived at the hall and took their seats. Bride was in ghoonghat. 

Mrs. Karmakar came on  the stage and started the reception ceremony. She said that the mahurat is very auspicious so she removed the ghoonghat. All guests were very happy to see the  beautiful bride. But the whole CID team was shocked to see the bride.

'Vineet sir ne isse sadi ki hai' murmuring started among the team.

One by one guests went on the stage and gave presents to the newly wedded.

While keeping the gifts groom and bride had a faceoff, they saw each other ………..' tum ...tum '........

 Why was the bride and groom shocked to see each other?

Stay tuned……..