Chapter 1

"Don't worry, Houndy, I won't leave yah to bleed out!" Bloodhound was downed to cover his own blood. Fuse dragged him behind a rock so the other two squads could finish each other off. Fuse began to fiddle around in his pockets. "Bloody Hell!" Fuse couldn't find a syringe.

"Just leave me Fitzroy, win the hunt."

"Like hell!" Fuse began to look around. His eyes landed on a death box of a fallen Maggie.

"Walter.." Fuse wasn't listening, getting ready to bolt to look for a syringe. "Don't—" Without another thought Fuse bolts, running as fast as he could to that death box. Wingman in hand. Fuse reached the box but was fired at. Fuse grabs the syringe inside, turns around, and meets face to face with Revenant. The one who down Bloodhound.

"You skinsuits need to learn."

"Bloody hell."

"I can't wait to hear you scream is agony." Walter was not going to this fight. How was going to get out of this one?

*BANG*

Walter watched as the Simulacrum death box dropped to the ground.

"Champion has been eliminated."

He was confused, he looked back towards Bloodhound who had grabbed a sentinel. Fuse didn't waste any time getting back behind the rock, with a syringe in hand. "Here I am trying to save yer hide, and you save mine." Fuse then plunges the syringe in Bloodhound's chest.

"Reckon the dust will stay unbitten for now, eh Houndy?"

"My people suffer because of me, I am unworthy of your kindness

"The bloody weight of Talos ain't yours to carry alone Houndy!" Fuse had Bloodhound back to their feet. Soon as the Hound was to his feet though, the gunfire was absent. "That's dodgy."

"One of the squads must have fallen."

"Reckon you might be right."

"Scanning." The scan went outward. "Enemies...2 clicks away." Fuse looks at him. Couldn't help but inward chuckle

"Ken Oath!"

v

v

V

"You are the Apex Champion."

"Bloody OATH!" Bloodhound stayed silent. Fuse was about to, as reflex, to smack Bloodhound Gluteus Maximus, but stopped and did something unlike him. Fuse grabbed and held their hand. Bloodhound immediately looked down at their hand intertwined, then to his face. He was smiling, waving at the camera. Bloodhound didn't understand this gesture.

Confusion was setting for the experienced tracker. "What does this mean?" Soon the dropped ship collected them and headed back towards the main tower. Both of them waited to be dropped off. "Walter?"

"Yeah, Houndy?"

"You grabbed my hand and held it."

"It was that or a smack on the rear."

"So it wasn't an affectionate thing." Bloodhound didn't know how to take his answer. But something was wrong. Bloodhound felt something in the chest that ached. Bloodhound thought, "All father guide me." Bloodhound could not take his eyes off of Fuse.

"You're gawking at me, Houndy." Bloodhound became flustered behind this mask.

"My apologies," Bloodhound said," I didn't intend to stare."

"Don't know how you could gawk at this old bloke." Fuse kicks back in his seat.

"I do not understand." Bloodhound was now more confused.