Ch.9

The rain falls, unaware of the life it creates

In the rain there is a serenity, a sense of peace that offers to resonate with the peaceful elements of the soul. Walking among those drops is my meditation, a way to fully become present in the moment, a way to feel free.

Memories flashing before me of the times I spent with the boys. When we had fun in the rain, there was no one to intercede in those moments. It was just how we liked it.

Just us against the world.

The times I yearned for my mother to return while I was suffering my worst, during the darkest times of my life – but she never did. The memories of her are beginning to blur. I have no clue about my father, he ran away when I was a baby hence why I have never felt a father's love.

The boys were the closest thing I ever had to a family. They were family. Seokjin and Yoongi being like older brothers to me while the others were like my little brothers.

When thinking about my brothers, I thought about Jimin and Taehyung. Taehyung. His words resonated in my mind, his reminder to me failing to save Jimin. He would still be here if it wasn't for me. I get it, Taehyung. I promised to catch Jimin, instead I let him fall to almost certain death. He deserved better. In fact, you all deserved better. I deserve to suffer.

In a flash, I saw a familiar face. That same familiar person who I adored and held so dear to my heart. Jeon Jungkook. Immediately opening my eyes, I exhale sharply. From that image itself, he was deemed to be struggling.

He did reveal to me, in high school, of carrying a heavy responsibility and vital duty after graduating high school because he knew would not be able to pursue further education. He was also important to me, so the least I could do is check on him, right?

Trying to concentrate on Jungkook, I instantly teleport to a place where he supposedly is. Exploring the unfamiliar place around me, my eyes land on the young man I desired to see – Jungkook. I watched as he sat at the river. He seemed to be firmly contemplating on something. He looks a little different from the last time I saw him. It seems like he is back in his kingdom. His royal duty must be taking its toll on him already. He is so young, he did not need to accept this role. But unfortunately, he had no choice. He's next in line for the throne.

He closes his eyes and tilts his head up slightly – as if he is consuming the atmosphere around him. "Will these hardships continue?" Jungkook whispers. Though I was standing from afar, I could still hear his words; due to my hearing power.

The same question he asked me years ago – one that would have me uncertain of what the future had in store for us. The one question I could never properly answer.

"I hope so." I whispered back, knowing he wouldn't hear me. Maybe responding back would give me closure, but maybe not for Jungkook.

As soon as he opens his eyes, suddenly eyes travel to me. He stayed still for a split second, until he registered my appearance. My eyes enlarge in surprise, causing me to swiftly leave in a panic and return back to Mira's place.