Supercut

Now it's big black cars and riviera views//And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you//And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page//And they tell you that you're lucky but you're so confused//'Cause you don't feel pretty you jus...

Now it's big black cars and riviera views//And your lover in the foyer doesn't even know you//And your secrets end up splashed on the news front page//And they tell you that you're lucky but you're so confused//'Cause you don't feel pretty you just feel used//And all the young things line up to take your place

— SUPERCUT (2022)

────────────────────

JUDITH O'CONNELL is stuck. She's stuck in the ever repeating cycle of life. It moves oh so slowly and never breaks a rule. She's caught in a perfectly drawn circle and there was absolutely no way in hell her parents would let her step one foot out of line. The only thing keeping her head above water was how truly amazing this summer would be when she returned home to the outer banks from her first year of college. As long as she steered clear of Jj Maybank and the nagging that came with him.

But she couldn't stop day dreaming of sweet pineapple by the ocean, or waking up with the windows of her family's estate wide open with sunlight pouring into her bedroom like golden sticky honey. Everything would be right this summer, falling right into place like a puzzle piece.

Her dream of a carefree summer is quickly shut down by her pouge brother and his lowlife friends. It may have been unfortunate but it certainly wasn't unexpected, especially when Blake O'Connell's sandy haired best friend revisits his unreciprocated feelings for Jude from last summer, the second she steps foot in the OBX.

They used to be close, once upon a time. The summer before she left for college was one of his favorites yet. She had finally given him a small piece of herself. It wasn't much but it was something.(something more than arguments about her being too old for him that is)

Jj Maybank could still see them twisted in her white bed sheets. Salty air flowing from her ocean view window, he melts just thinking of her bare back under the glowing sun. Wishing he could write his name on it. She said she would call when she was back at school. But she moved and Jj stayed and so did his undying and rather dramatic love for the brunette girl. Now his mission this summer is to win her heart over for good and not let any upity ass frat guy take it from his grip.