Preparations for Revenge

Pietro spun Mariana around and she laughed.

Mariana stopped herself and met Pietro's eyes. "Do you think we're, dare I say, evil?"

He shook his head. "No, princezná, we're not."

She nodded slowly. "What of our plans to get back at Mr. Stark for all the pain he's caused us?"

"All in due time, Mari. They say patience is a virtue."

A light smiled tugged at her lips. "Do they now?"

Mariana glanced at Wanda and Gabriela who were across the room and sighed.

Pietro cupped her face in his hands and said softly, "You can't blame yourself for what happened."

A dark expression crossed her face. "No. That would be Stark's fault. If he hadn't brought those weapons, our parents would still be alive. Wanda and Gabriela wouldn't have to worry about anything, nor would you."

"But we can easily defend ourselves now. We don't have to rely on mundane methods of defense."

"Despite my ability to draw people in and lure them to their deaths, I don't want to kill anyone."

"Nor do I, Mariana. And you know as well as I that Wanda and Gabriela feel the same."

She glanced at her sister. "I'm not so sure she agrees with you. Gabriela holds onto her anger; sometimes too deeply I fear."

Pietro stepped closer to her and tenderly kissed her temple. "As always, princezná, I believe you're right."

Gabriela walked up and said, "Something was seen flying in the upper atmosphere. We must prepare for a fight."

Wanda stepped up next to Gabriela and Mariana looked between them before saying, "Are you both ready?"

The girls nodded.

Pietro smirked lightly and said, "Perhaps Stark will be with them."

"I hope so," Gabriela replied with a half smile, laced with a sinister tone.

"Let's go," Wanda told the others.

The four left the room to find exactly out what they were to do if the Avengers did show up. They knew the general idea, but wanted to wait for further instruction.