~ migraine [a special nich chapter]

i-i-i-ive got a migraine.

nich drags a brush across the top of the painting, filling in part of the background with dark blue.

and my pain will range from up down and sideways. thanks god its friday cuz fridays will always be better than sundays, cause sundays are my suicide days.

nich coughs and adjusts his paint apron, leaving blue fingerprint marks on it.

i dont know why they seem so dismal. thunderstorms, clouds, snow, and a slight drizzle.

nich blends together three more shades of blue on the canvas and flicks the brush. small sparks of white flash across the dark blue paint that is now dried. he then adds raindrops to the slightly lighter blue, and finally a sun to the blue tone.

whether it's the weather or the letters beside my bed, sometimes death seems better than the migraine in my head.

nich rubs his temple and puts down the paintbrush. he wipes his hands on the apron.

let it be said what the headache represents- its me defending in suspense- its me suspended in a defenceless test.

nich grabs a bottle of water from the case between him and the girl in his drawing.

being tested by a ruthless examiner that's represented best by my depress...ing thoughts.

nich coughs and chugs the whole water bottle. he turns back to his painting.

I do not have writer's block, my writer just hates the clock it will not let me sleep, I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead

nich checks the clock and takes off his apron. he pushes away his painting and pulls out his phone.

and sometimes death seems better than the migraine in my head...

Am I the only one I know
Waging my wars behind my face and above my throat?
Shadows will scream that I'm alone
But I know, we've made it this far... kid