Chapter 12

~LILIA'S POV~

It's been 3 days since my parent's funeral...

I've been staying at home for the last few days, but I'm moving in with Minato and Kushina.

They don't want me to live alone, so they're taking me in. Especially Kushina, who still feels guilty.

The Third gave me time to mourn as well as Sensei, so our team has been given a week before we start missions. The other two members of our Team 7 were understanding about it, but I can tell they were disappointed even if they tried not to show it.

Right now, I'm in my house grabbing my things before I move in with my god parents.

I've been pretty calm the past 2 days. The first day, I cried a lot, but I calmed down yesterday and today.

But I'm sure everyone else thinks otherwise.

I haven't seen anyone since the day of the funeral and the day Minato told me about the Kizua clan.

I didn't think the Kizua clan would be almost as popular as the Uchiha and Senju clans.

And they were persuaded by money even though they were said to be wise and collected? That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, this universe will definitely be different then the TV series. But, I sorta hope it isn't...

Like, it calms me to know what will happen and I can prepare for it.

I threw my three bags onto the floor by the door. They were filled with my clothes and personal items I was taking to the Uzumaki household.

But then, I was stopped by a loud knock at the front door.

I wasn't really in the mood to see anyone, but I'm sure everyone's probably worried about me. Since I've been locked up in here for a few days.

"Lilia! I know you heard me!" Kakashi's voice yelled from the other side.

I don't think this is the proper way to approach a grieving child... but I know he understands my feelings the most right now.

I smiled softly at the familiar voice.

Walking towards the door, I yelled back. "Lilia's not here. Come back in 3 to 5 business days."

I heard him let out a loud sigh of relief.

"Ah, that's too bad. I have these dumplings for her, but if she's not home..." I heard his voice trail off and footsteps grow distant.

My head shot up at the word dumplings. Having not ate since before the funeral, I rushed to the door and swung it open.

Kakashi stood at the door, holding a brown paper bag and had an amused look in his eyes.

My stomach choosing the growl at this exact moment, causing Kakashi squint his eyes at me knowingly.

Staring up at him, I held out my hand.

"Come out with me and I'll let you have them." Kakashi pulled the bag farther away from me, as he told me his deal.

I dropped my hand and pursed my lips in disappointment.

"Did Minato and Kushina tell you to come?" I ignored the two suspicious people sitting on the bench ways away holding two newspapers. One of them wearing a familiar dress...

"Nope. I came on my own free will." Kakashi replied with a nod.

I squinted my eyes at him, not believing him at all.

I sighed and walked back inside with my door still open.

"How about you come in? They'll probably just spy on us. Or Kushina will anyway." Minato probably wouldn't. He was probably forced by Kushina because he could never say no to his wife.