Chapter 20

LILY POV:

It had been a couple months since the whole Harry situation. It was now December and things were getting better. I had talked to my Dad, and we seemed to be doing sorta okay. But things still felt weird.

School has been weird for months now. Dove, Harry, and Damon have all been total strangers. Damon went back to Spokane and I never spoke to him again. And Harry and me had become total strangers.

I still had Prudence though. I don't know what I'd do without her. She's been here for me through all of this.

Harry had become a total bad boy. And Dove was still as popular as ever, dating the football player, John. Everything that happened in September almost felt like a weird fever dream.

                                  •••

Another long and boring day at school, and I was on my way to my car. My phone vibrated again. This was the sixth time today. I was hoping it would be someone I knew. But when I checked my phone again, it was the unknown number.

It had been calling for the past two weeks. At random times. I don't answer because I'm afraid of who it is. Deep down I know what's caught up to me.

I put my phone in my backpack and get my keys out and unlock my car door. When I see Nick on leaning on the front door.

"Hey stranger." I said.

"It's been awhile." He said.

"I know. You ready?" I said.

He grabs my keys and goes into the front seat while I go to the passengers side. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and we immediately put the top down and drive Midnight City by M83. It's moment like this where I feel the most free.

After driving on the freeway, we park the car in our normal spot in the park. This park was a spot we found last month. It's normally pretty empty.

We both move to the front hood of the car and I throw my beanie on the window. He kisses me and all the worries of the day have left my mind. I run my fingers through his hair as he removes my cardigan. The cool winter air pressing against my back. I grind my hips and I begin to feel his bulge pressing against my skirt. He removes my panties and I unbutton his jeans.

He kisses my neck and I grab his hard cock and place it inside of me. He moans with desire as he thrusts inside of me. I missed him so much.

As he thrusts more and more, he then begins to kiss my boobs and rub my clit. I moan and I bring his face closer to mine. Our lips touching and our eyes looking at one another.

"I'm gonna come Lily." He says.

He removes his dick from inside me and ejaculates on the hood of my car. We both laugh.

"What the fuck Nick?!" I say while laughing.

"I just got this cleaned."

He kisses me passionately and I fix his messy hair.

"God I love y- ... fucking you." Nick says.

I pretend I didn't hear that. What we were doing was just casual. Sometimes feelings get mixed up but I know he probably didn't mean it.

"Me too." I say as I put my panties back on.

"Did you come this time?" He asks while putting back on his jeans.

"Not this time. But it felt good." I say.

"Do you want me to finish you off?" He asks. Nick had a thing for making me come.

"As tempting as that sounds, I've gotta get back home. My moms been worried about me lately." I say.

I move off the hood of the car and grab my beanie and put it in the backseat. I Nick some hand sanitizer and a paper towel to clean off the mess.

"Do you even like me?" Nick asks.

I froze in my tracks.

"Of course I like you. You are such a great friend." I say awkwardly.

"Friend? A friend that fucks you every Friday after school?" He says angrily.

I become defensive.

"I don't know what's going on with you. You know what you signed up? I told you I didn't want a relationship. This was casual. You knew that." I say.

"Whatever fuck this. I've liked you since the first day you sat down next to me in chemistry class. But you never cared about me. You just use me. You like use everyone." Nick says.

"I was so happy and you and Harry broke up. Because I thought maybe, maybe just maybe. You would notice me. But nope. Even as I'm fucking you. You never do."

"Are you kidding me? You knew what you were signing up for. I'm not gonna apologize for something that's not my fault. You're the one who pursued me in the first place about this whole little arrangement. And I do like you." I say.

"Whatever I'm going home." Nick says. He grabs his phone and begins walking.

"Nick what the hell? You can't just walk home. It's far. Let me at least drive you." I say.

"I'm gonna walk. I need to clear my head." Nick says.

I wait till he's out of sight to start crying. What the hell was wrong with me? Was all of this my fault? I called my Prudence because she always knew what to say. But no answer.

I drove home and put the top back down. In that moment, the only person weirdly that I wanted to be with though was Harry. He understood me and was there for me in my darkest moments. But I screwed that up.

I got in the car and was ready to put my key in the ignition when I saw my phone vibrate again. The unknown number again. I was so exhausted of this. I answered to get it over with. Maybe it was a solicitor or something.

"Hello?" I said answering in a monotone voice.

I heard heavy breathing. My chest sharpened.

"Hello?" I repeated.

"Hi Lily. We haven't forgotten." The voice said.

I immediately hung up. I knew exactly who that was.

Gladys Jones. The mother of Jax Jones. The man Daniel murdered.

END OF CHAPTER