eight

In the morning, Dream and George were met with an unruly sight.

Next to the exit of the club was an all too familiar-looking ginger-haired man. In his hand was a tall glass of champagne, and on his face was a shit-eating grin.

He looked at George as if he were a predator and the brunette was his prey.

"Nice to see that he's still alive," Fundy remarked, eyes completely avoiding Dream as he looked George up and down with a glint in his eye. "What happened to him being a quick bite? A dine and dash?"

Dream stayed silent, but he really wanted to beat the shit out of Fundy right the fuck now.

"I can tell he's still human, so it's not like you turned him. Do you guys have some special deal or something?" he asked sardonically.

"Even if we did, that's none of your business," Dream said, hands reaching for George's wrists as he moved to lead them out the door.

"Sure," Fundy grinned with a faux smile. "Well, you two have fun now, knowing that you're breaking the very rules that keep our kind alive." He paused, and then, "Bye now."

Dream pulled George all the way out of the building and down the street until the brunette was peevishly complaining about his arm being tugged out of its socket.

He then stopped, and leaned against the wall. "I fucking hate him," he groaned.

"You've made that very clear the last two times we've seen him."

Dream was quiet, waiting for George to ask the very question he dreaded answering.

"How do you know him?" the brunette asked softly as he leaned next to Dream.

"We have a... history together."

"Obviously."

"And it's not a good one."

"Obviously."

Dream groaned. "Can't I just tell you later?"

George smiled brilliantly. "No."

The blonde sat down, back against the cool bricks as he began his story.

"I guess I have to start at the beginning, then. The beginning of, well, me."

George sat down next to him and nodded, urging the blonde to continue.

"I was born into one of the most powerful lines of vampire blood around. And I was born human." George furrowed his brow when Dream continued. "You can't be born a vampire, George, only turned into one."

"My whole childhood I was raised to be this killer of humankind, even though I was still human, so that when the time came the transition would be easy. I ran faster, worked harder, and became smarter than everyone around me."

"I really hated it for a long while, but the closer and closer I got to my time...I was ready."

He paused to look at George, who was looking back at him solemnly, before continuing. "Once you're 22, my family does this ceremony thing, along with getting bitten, that's supposed to turn you into the strongest vampires in the world."

"So I did it, and afterward I felt really strong and confident and I had a humongous ego for a long time."

"During the ritual, I actually had to pick a new name for myself," he laughed. "And I was so hooked on power that I picked Dream because I dreamed of greatness and everything, you know?"

George nodded, and asked, "What's your original name, then?"

The blonde smiled, "I'll tell you later... Anyway, after the ritual and everything, I was super reckless. Which is when I met Fundy."