Family

The first morning in Texas the Gages got the children up and down for breakfast at 8. Breakfast was so much bigger than they were used to. Ann cooked a big every meal because life on a ranch was full of work.  Everyone needed lots of food to keep them going. This morning there were pancakes and sausage, fruit,  cereal if someone wanted cereal, coffee, orange juice and cinnamon rolls. It all looked so good.

Mike showed up. Seeing his sister he came over and gave her a big hug. "Welcome home sis. God I have missed you."

"I missed you too." Jocelyn said. "Mike this is my husband Johnny.  Johnny this Mike. "

Mike shook Johnny's hand. "Nice to meet you man. I have heard from my parents you have been taking care of my sister."

"I try.  I love her. My life is so much better since she entered it."

"Glad to hear that. Now are these your kids?"

"Yes Mike. " Jocelyn said.  "This is Jeannette our oldest.  She is 4. This is Jayne.  These are the twins Janelle and Johnny junior better known as little Johnny . "These 3 are all 2.

"Nice looking family. Glad to see you happy sis and raising kids."

As they ate Jocelyn and Mike caught up. "So Mike how is your family?"

"Just fine. Emily is pregnant again with our 6th child.  All 5 of our kids are doing well. Can't wait for you to see them."

"I can't wait either. "

"What night is good for you to come to supper Mike? Ann asked.

Anytime mom. You just tell me when."

How bout on Saturday you come around 3. We will have an early meal then you and Emily can take Johnny and Jocelyn into town for the evening.  ?"

"Mom you want to watch all our kids?" Jocelyn asked.

"It will be fine. I will invite your sister and her daughter.  She can help your dad and i."

"Well OK then." Mike said.  It is settled for Saturday."

Next few days Johnny was shown around the ranch.  He and Garrett went on horse rides.  One day Johnny and Jocelyn went on a horse ride alone. Jocelyn needed help getting on a horse now since the stroke had made her balance off. The cane was attached to the saddle in case they got off the horses to walk.

"This is nice joc. It is so relaxing here.  Getting to spend some time alone with you is nice also."

"Glad you like it Johnny.  It is different than L A."

"Honestly joc if we were not so settled in  L A I would want to move her. Live a slower life. "

"Johnny you might get bored.  In 2 weeks you will be anxious to get back."

"Joc we are so busy. We barely have time alone. I miss you. I miss being intimate with you.  Our jobs keep us both busy. Then trying to keep up the house.  It is a lot."

"I know. I want more time with you.  Just remember our children keep us  busy. That is why I said no more for a while. "

"I know. But just think in an area like this we may not be as busy. We would have time for our children and probably could have more. You know Jenn has been cranky. She hates me gone for days.  Jayne is developing slow. "

"Yes she is  and I think she will need speech therapy.  Probably better therapists in LA. Here we would need to travel to see a therapist.  What would you do for a job Johnny? What about my job?"

"Isn't there paramedics here? You could open your own practice or is there a hospital in town?"

"There is a hospital. As for medics not sure anymore or if it is just EMT's yet. Right now is not the time to leave LA.   Are you really unhappy?"

"I don't know joc. Just stressed. Maybe at some point we should consider this joc."

"OK Johnny.  Maybe someday."

On Saturday Jocelyn's sister Grace showed up at 2 with her 15 year old daughter Pam. Grace was several years older than Jocelyn.  she had Pam at 18. She never married and raised Pam alone.

"Jocelyn gave her sister a hug.  She introduced Johnny and the kids to Grace. 

"Nice family Jocelyn.  You have done well. "

"Thanks Grace."

Mike and family arrived at 2:30.

The house was noisy. Full of children.  Mike's kids age ranges were 17 down to 8.

Supper was another huge meal. After supper the 2 couples left for town to go do some dancing and drinking Texas style.