Chap 3: Two people in one

Chapter 3: Two person in one.

I looked at Miss Mead with the most concerned face. Miss Mead was trembling with excitement. The cup she was holding clinked dangerously in her hands.

“Are you alright?” I asked. Her face was bright red, I hope she doesn't faint.

“Alright?! I'm far beyond alright! In fact, there is no word to explain how I'm feeling. This is the most perfect idea anyone can ever come up with. I even doubt Albert Einstein would be able to come up with this idea!”

“What idea?”

Miss Mead's face dropped. “You really are slow. Let me briefly explain. I'm going to make you a star. An anonymous star! A star that the whole globe would be crazy about. The star that paparazzi's would risk their lives to find the person behind the star,” she said, breathing heavily with her shoulders moving up and down underneath the pink cardigan.

“Would risk their lives to find the person behind the star?” I asked, repeating what she said.

Miss Mead sighed shaking her head. “You,” she pointed to me, “singer,” she gestured a microphone in her hand, “mask,” she said, covering her face with some sort of cloth except for her eyes.

I got it now as my eyes widened. That way, I would be able to continue my normal life as well as do my 'star,' whatever you call it, life. Kind of like a kid's program called 'Hannah Montanah' but for real.

“So?” Miss Mead asked, “What do you say?”

“I...yes!” I shouted stretching my arms towards the contract. But then, something hit me. “Would I be able to tell my friends?”

“No. Whatever is said in here, never leaves the room.

“What about my mu... Mum!” I shouted in surprise as the door opened revealing my mum. “What? How did you? Why are...?”

Miss Mead laughed at my reaction. “Seems like there are too many surprises for you.”

“Mum, you see, Miss Mead didn't kidnap you. She's only here.”

“To help.” My mum finished. “Yeah, I know. The driver explained. Besides, I have to sign a contract too as a guardian of yours.”

Right, knew that!

Miss Mead passed the paper around to me. I took hold of the paper tightly. I could feel that I was trembling. This piece of paper can change my life. I gulped as I smoothly ran a black pen over the paper. There it was. I signed it. And just a few seconds I finished my sign, so did my mum.

“Great job! Now, let's head out to your new home.”

“Home?” asked my mum and I together.

“It's on the contract,” Miss Mead said, gesturing to a door.

A black car was parked outside, waiting, expecting us. The driver who drove me here came out of the car and opened the door for us.

“This is Michael he will be your driver for as long as you like. He is too, your security guard along with with Brian, Dylan and John,” she pointed to the three other men who tried to kidnap me a few while ago.

I looked at them. I tried to look for any traces of differences between them. Nothing. Okay, maybe not entirely nothing but as far as I know, there isn't much differences between them.

I hopped into the car followed by my mum with Miss Mead going on on the other side. As soon as Miss Mead closed the door, Michael drove off. I was sitting in the middle. I hated sitting in the middle. You get squashed like a cheese in the middle of two crackers. It's uncomfortable and every time the car takes a turn, you would have to lean onto the person next to you which is, awkward. Very soon, went onto the motorway. When the motorway ended, we went back to a more familiar place. Michael drove on and passed Anthony's house. He kept turning and turning and reached to my 'new home.'

I looked at the house, stunned.

It was a modern chateau. Not a fully modern chateau but close enough.

Never in my life had I even had a chance to dream about living in 'this' house. My mum stood next to me with her eyes glued to the chateau while her hands trembled furiously. We had the same thought on our minds, W-O-W.

Michael lead us to the house. He twisted the golden knob and smoothly and opened the door. We stepped into the house and onto the marble floor.

“This is...this is..,” my mum stuttered.

“Amazing,” I finished.

“Glad you like it,” said Miss Mead, brushing her fingers across a painting on the wall.

“So, is this our new home?”

“No.”

My face dropped.

Miss Mead noticed my reaction as she continued to talk.

“Living here would only cause your friends' curiosity which is the last thing you want if you intend to stay in this business. Michael will drive you to and from school, dropping you to and from the dairy shop. You will walk to school from the dairy shop. We cannot let your friends get curious of why you are suddenly...rich,” Miss Mead trailed off.

I nodded. I still had billions of questions stirring in my head. At last I asked, “Why are we here if it's not our house?”

Miss Mead smiled another smile of hers. The sly type. “You may think this trip is pointless if I tell you. However, you needed something to push you into aiming high,” she answered.

That's it?! She brought me all the way here just to let me aim high?! I was dumbstruck. She won't even let me have a glimpse of the life I'm dreaming? My shoulder's dropped. Disappointed, I walked towards the door.

A voice came and asked where I was going.

“Home, Anthony's house.”

“But you're staying here until tomorrow.”

I stopped by the door and turned round. “WHAT?!” Another dumbstruck. “You're kidding me. No. Way,” I trembled with laughter. “Whoo!” I started darting around the house opening every door, every cabinet, everything.

Every bedroom had the same matching bed sheets, curtains, doors and layout. Everything was laid out perfectly; the beds' placed exactly in middle of the room with long quilts hanging on the side of it, just about to touch the floor. People who live here would have the exact feeling of living in a different hotel everyday.

I came across a small cabinet-looking storage box in one of the eight bedrooms. I opened it and, surprised, I found it was mini bar. How cool is that? I continue to open more closed doors in the bedroom. I stumbled across a door about the same size as the bedroom door. The door revealed another room slightly smaller than the bedroom itself. With shelves that covered the walls. Shelves full with shoes and clothes. A walk in wardrobe!

I couldn't help but yelp out a large scream. Miss Mead, mum and Michael came rushing into the bedroom only find that I was standing in the wardrobe with my jaws dropped completely to the floor.

I started to go through the clothes. YSL, GUCCI, CHANEL, DKNY..... My hands went through the silky clothes. These must cost insanely like hell! I continued going through the clothes. Not that I like them but just thinking the fact that if I succeeded these would seem like it costed only a penny.

I imagined my mum wearing these clothes. How I wished, how I wished for my mum to not worry about the finances and live happily.

I looked up, with determination in my eyes. I turned to look at Miss Mead.

“I will do my best. I will make sure that I'd succeed.”

Miss Mead just nods, looking very business like. She shook my hand.

“Welcome to my world,” she said.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Well this is chapter three finished. It's a pretty short chapter. But the main thing is that I hoped you enjoyed it. Thanks for supporting "He changed my fate, they changed my life!" Love you guys~!)

Please don't forget to VOTE FAN COMMENT or LIKE!!!!!!!!

<--------------------------------------------VOTE!!!!