『 intro 』

"WHAT MONSTERS MAY THEY BE

"WHAT MONSTERS MAY THEY BE."

extended summary . . .

Monsters seem to lurk at every turn for Alexander, whether it's within the walls of his home or the hallowed halls of Hogwarts. His once rose-tinted world has been ripped away, revealing a darker truth. Shattered by last year's revelation, his once-beloved grandfather now appears to be a stranger, shrouded in warped beliefs. Naturally, Alexander has ambivalent feelings.

But the nightmare deepens.

A summer visit to Paris unearths a hidden box in the ancestral Laurent home  his deceased mother's forgotten treasures. Among them lies a thick journal, promising a glimpse into Amelie's life and the world she inhabited. Eager for any connection, Alexander devours the entries, only to find them filled with progressively shocking that rock his very foundation.

As if on cue, his grandfather delivers another blow. In alliance with Fudge, he has secretly tasked Alexander with keeping an eye on Harry. A notorious Azkaban escapee, a mass murderer, is on the hunt, and Harry is the target. Protective instincts flare within Alexander, but the burden of this hidden duty weighs heavily. Lies fester, a poisonous secret straining his friendships.