Chapter 4: Never been better

Scarlett's Pov:
'Okay, so, umm ... we didn't see anything, we don't know anything, we need to have total and complete amnesia.'

'Actually Pope's right for once. See I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny.' JJ added as he began to pace the porch.

'Guys, we can't keep that money.' Kie disagreed with us.

'Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara,' JJ answered.

'We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, its bad karma' Kie argued

'We don't have to do anything,' my smartass said with a grin.

'Bad Karma to be implicated in a felony, too, we gotta go dark.' Pope added.

'If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree,' JJ argued.

'I don't agree.' John B finally spoke.

'What. Why?' I answered

'Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs was talking about. Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the Porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas. Were talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in this pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grandy-White? Just saying' John B rambled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'All right, think about it, Pope. How does a marina rat get a Grandy-White? John B asked as we all sat around him on the deck outside our home.

'Prostitution' he replied while he pulled in his fishing rod.

'Square groupers, bro. Okay, flying under the radar, no aerial surveillance. They don't do that stuff during a hurricane. What does that mean, JJ?' John B said.

'They were straight smuggling.' He finished his sentence.

' And I guarantee there's a serious amount of contraband in that wreck.'

'Hell yeah.' I chimed in as I stood up from my position and dragged Kie down the deck with me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had all not piled into John Bs room as Pope tried to lecture us out of taking stuff of the boat.

'For the record, if that is a smuggling ship with illegal contraband on the inside of it, it belongs to someone else.' Pope stated.

'Minor details' I replied

'They could come looking for it. Taking it would be catastrophically stupid.'

'Right. Well stupid things have good outcomes all the time.' Said JJ as he pulled out the money. 'All we need to do is figure out a way to get into the cargo hold of that wreak. Until then, we just lay low. Just act normal'

'Right and how exactly do we do that?' I asked.

'Kegger', Kie replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we all walked across the bone yard, Kie and me in front skipping towards the middle, Pope behind us and Johno and JJ carrying the kegger.

Just as I turned around to see the others I got a squirt of beer in my eye as I looked at JJ, I quickly flagged him of and chased after him, catching up with him and jumping on his back as Kie shouted after us.

Just for a bit of background on Keggers they are like a party where everyone is invited no matter if they are kooks or pogues.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As everyone piled into the boneyard, I sat with Kie talking about JJ while i watched him talk to John B with admiration in ny eyes 'I mean I think I like him, but I know nothing can happen because of John B.'