"I'm living with Exo."

Last night at dinner was definitely a sight to see. You'd think this house had an entire village as it's boarders. My aunt made bulgogi, japchae, and kimchi jjigae. I was amazed seeing the guys each eat their own weight in bulgogi. Aunt Minah says that's how they usually are but I don't think I'll ever get used to it. 

        Today is my first official day back at school since my mom died. Besides having to deal with everyone giving me their condolences I'll have to explain to people why I arrived with the hottest--and most popular--boys in school. All the girls are gonna rip me to shreds.

        "Suzy hurry. We're gonna be late!" D.O. showed me the displayed time on his lockscreen. 

        "Sorry, D.O.! It takes forever to straighten my hair!" Once I was finished I grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs to be greeted by the whole gang. 

        "You look nice." Suho smiled. 

        "He has a thing for girls with straight hair," Baek revealed. "Be careful around this one, he's a total ladies killer." Suho nudged him playfully and cleared his throat. "Okay let's head out!"

        I felt so inferior walking alongside them all. Sure were all schoolmates but that doesn't get rid of the uneasiness that I will soon be meeting my impending doom. I predict my day will be a bunch of apologetic faces mixed with faces of jealousy and seething rage. I don't know what scares me more--being buried alive or the female students at my school. A group of underclassmen has dubbed Exo as the "Angels of Seoul Performing Arts High School." 

        Right on the mark, once we entered the school all eyes were on us. My best friend, Lee Ji Eun, grabbed my arm and rushed me off to study hall leaving everyone in the dust. "Suzy, would you like to explain to me what exactly is going on? I know your mom's gone but that doesn't call for a suicide mission!" Ji Eun grabbed my shoulders and shook me as if I've gone completely bonkers.

        "I guess I should have explained to you beforehand," I took a seat at my desk and pulled up a chair for her. "My dad went back to the states to look after his company. Now that my mom's gone, he left me in the care of my aunt and Exo just happens to be her boarders. So, in short, I'm living with Exo." Ji Eun rubbed her temples and heaved a sigh. "You know Eun jung is gonna kill you right?" We both giggled. Eun jung is also in our study hall and ever since we were first years, she's thought of Ji Eun and I as her rivals because were all ranked at the top of our vocal class. It's also no big secret that she has a fat crush on Kai. I'm not that great of a dancer but Kai definitely is--and maybe that's why Eun jung adores him so much.

        When the bell rang signaling the start of study hall, Ji Eun headed to her seat and Kai took a seat at the desk next to mine. I looked at him all bug eyed considering his seat is front and center, not all the way in the back. "Um...?" He gave me a sideways glance and smiled. "Kai, what are you-"

        "BAE SUJI! Would you like to explain to the whole class the reason as to why you think it is okay to disrupt their precious study time?" I bowed my head and replied no. I snapped my head towards the right side of the room at the sound of Eun jung snickering. I was comforted by my lovely best friend, Ji Eun, rolling her eyes and sticking her tongue out at Eun jung.

        "I explained to the teacher that were living together and that maybe you'd need me next to you for comfort." He gave me a sheepish grin. "Thanks for being so thoughtful but I'm fine back here. You can go back to your seat in the front." I faced forward trying to focus on the clock hoping time would go by faster.

        "No it's okay! I wanna be here." And like that Kai continued on with his work and for the rest of study hall I could feel Eun jung's piercing glare from my peripheral vision. Today's gonna be a long day.