The Morning After

Everyone out in the yard stopped bumping to the music and feasted their eyes on Yong Hwa and Sehun duking it out. "What's your problem?!" Yong Hwa hollered at Sehun before landing a punch to his jaw.

        Wiping the blood from his mouth, Sehun replies,"Can't you see Suzy's uncomfortable?!" Wide-eyed I took a step back and gazed at this spectacle in amazement. I can't believe Sehun started a fight over me.

        "She looked fine to me!" Yong Hwa shot back as he draped his arm over me. Sehun balled up his fist but before he could follow through Kang Min Hyuk came to the rescue and took Yong Hwa off my hands.

        "I can't believe you did that."

        "Well believe it." Sehun responded, somewhat pleased with himself. "Drunk or not, he should respect you."

        A small smile crept on my face. "Well thanks for that."

        "Anytime."

        An intoxicated Lay ran over to us with shots in both hands. "That was a riot! Let's make a toast to our idiot, Sehun." Lay and I exchanged laughs, Sehun; rubbing the nape of his neck embarrassed.

        After about ten more "celebratory shots" I found myself shlumped on the stairs with a killer headache. The sun was shining through the cracks in the silk curtains. The living room reeked of booze and vomit. "Guys???" I looked around, confused and feeling like crap.

       Chanyeol popped up from behind the couch, Lay rubbed his eyes laying down on the coffee table, Sehun camped on the couch, Chen arose from the kitchen counter, Xiumin yawned from the recliner, and the rest of the boys got out of their rooms.

       "Holy shit." they all said.

        "Now, now... I know the place is trashed but it's not completely unsalvagable! Kai, dial up that maid that gave you her number from when we stayed at Lotte and let her handle this mess. Let's head out for some haejangguk, I have a major hangover."

       We returned home to find the place completely spotless. We're home free!!! Or at least that's what we thought...

        We were splayed out in the living room watching Pororo when we heard the home phone let out a shrill cry. I gulped reading the caller ID. "Minah" in big bold letters. "Hello?"

        "Would you mind explaining to me why the neighbor sent me a video of a boy punching Sehun?! What's going on over there, Suzy, I left you in charge!"

        "Please calm down and let me explain, Aunty. We.. had a public self defense class and Sehun wasn't paying attention." I looked around and the boys were trying their best to hold in their laughters. 

        Lay scooted over and whispered,"Seriously, Suzy??? That's your best excuse?" I shrugged then shoo'd him away. 

        "Suzy, you know I love you but that was the saddest coverup story I've ever heard. Tell the boys you're all grounded for a week. See you tomorrow, honey!" Aunt Minah let out a good laugh before hanging up.

         "So what'd she say???" The boys looked at me anxiously and I chuckled nervously. "This cannot be good," says Baekhyun. "Were screwed." added Chanyeol.

        "Grounded for a week." They all throw their heads back and groan. 

        Suho scrambled to his feet. "Then there's no point in wasting the rest of the weekend! We're already doing the time."

        "What'd you have in mind?" I ask.

       Excited, Suho rubbed his hands together and answered,"Barbecue!"