Journal 1 6/19/1898

I can't even guess what the life of a person in power is like. Do they even understand how much power they have? Why do they think they need more?
As for myself. I have (I think this is how you would describe it) a boring and unconditional life. I life in a small village in the West-coast. My house (I would not describe it as a home) is always messy (visitors say this all the time), even if I put the work in cleaning it. Nothing I do pleases  people anymore.
Normally all I do is read the newspaper while I wright. I find it quite easy to do both, as a writer this helps me think of new ideas for the book I am writing.
Speaking of reading the newspaper, when I was reading it this morning (I'm pretty sure I was writing a letter to my mother) I have found out that the president will be, (most likely for money) forcing the colonies to expand the making of materials, and then to sell there products to more rich and powerful countries.
Understandable, the colonies are not happy about this. I just hope that the shameful greed for more money and power does not end in blood shed between us.
This situation reminds me of the main reason on why I find human beings so utterly confusing. This does make me  wonder why we even need more power. (We are already a pretty powerful country).