Lonely and Heartbroken

Nick didn't fall back asleep after his mom had left. He simply stared at his ceiling. Tired. But he didn't want fall back into that monstrosity of a mind set.

But once his clocked said 7:00am, he couldn't take it anymore. He sat up in bed, swung his legs over, and stood up. He could here the rain pounding on the roof, but he couldn't careless.

Besides, the rain was his favorite weather.

He threw on a pair of joggers, a random t-shirt, and some dirty shoes.

Nick ran down the stairs, trying to make as little noise as possible. He had done this many times before. Sneaking out, grabbing a midnight snack; etc. so naturally, he's memorized the creeks in the floor.

Once Nick hits the floor, he makes a run for the the front, but pauses. He quickly grabs his raincoat of a near coatrack.

Then out the door he went. He quickly opened the garage and hopped into his car. As he turned on the ignition, he thought about what she would say.

Would she cry? Scream? Yell at him? Run into his arms and kiss him?

He stopped thinking of it, and began his journey to Shadyside. Specifically her house. He made a 30 minute drive into a 15 minutes drive.

Nick slowly pulled up to her street. His mind slipped to the moment.

"Where do you you live?"
"Why? So you could stalk me or something."
"[laughs] no. So when I come to visit you, I know where I'm heading."
"...Fier Street, and it's the 3rd house on the right. The one with rotting wood and two old wicker chairs on the porch."

Nick pulled onto the curb and was immediately taken back once he exited his car. His mouth fell open. The house was empty. He hadn't even seen the for sale sign on the lawn. With a big red sold sticker slapped on it.

He fell back into his car, and shut the door. She was gone. She couldn't take it anymore, and now she was gone.

And it was all his fault.

Nick sits there for a moment, digesting the information. His one had left. He slammed his fists down on the steering wheel.

"DAMNIT!" Nick screams. He grips the wheel, his knuckles turn pale white.

"Fuck" Nick mutters...

"Fuck" and he drives off.

Lonely and Heartbroken.