Chapter 2

Shigaraki's bulky form watched Drury sleep. The rise and fall of the furs were reassuring and proof that she was really here. He growls when he hears scared shouting for Drury. Below is the plump one that makes food taste good. It's almost dawn, and he hates the light. If the plump one keeps wandering around shouting, she will be eaten. That will make his mate sad, plus he won't be able to eat her food. Sighing, he jumps down.

Mary is screeching and flailing until she starts babbling about not dropping her. He carefully places her in the nest. Drury stirs and drowsily mumbles Mary.

"Stop squishing me! Oh, Dru! Thank the gods!" Mary shouts, wrapping herself around Drury.

"Can't breathe! Love you too, Mary," Drury gasps. Shigaraki is going through the basket Mary had with her and stuffing himself with pies. Cheeks puffed and jelly around his lips.

"Squishy. Soft," he rasps as he reaches out and squeezes Mary's cheeks in his hands.

"Uh, Dru. C-c-c-can you get him to stop groping me?" Mary pleads.

"Shiggy, stop that! You're making me jealous."

"Squishy, soft," he says, disappointed. Drury squeals.

"Enough, you two! Drury, we need to get back home now. He found Harry."

"He found Harry and the others." Drury throws herself at him, and he makes pleased little coos.

"No, only Harry. No one noticed you missing with the commotion of finding Harry at the 'abandoned outpost.' Do you still have that unicorn horn?" Mary asks desperately.

"Yes, I can't get it off." Shigaraki chitters contented. Taking her hand and rubbing it against his face. Mary narrows her eyes, jealous of this affection display.

"Harry has forbidden forest sickness, and it's only a matter of time before the sacred Order finds out and cleanses Hannah and Harry with fire. Hannah is protecting him by saying it's cold exposure. He keeps saying he has something important to tell us, but he won't talk to Hannah."

"What? Why won't he talk to Hannah…. Wait, never mind. That's a stupid question. Of course, he won't talk to Hannah. She's so difficult about rules. Shiggy, can you take us back?" Shigaraki stops his rumbling purrs and gives Drury a hard stare.

"Can you take us back there?" she says, pointing down to the orphanage. Shigaraki hisses and shakes his head no.

"Mate, stay. Squishy stay. Safe here," he growls, shuffling back to the basket.

"Squishy, really? Can't it be like sexy baker? He really likes my baking. Hey there Shiggy." Mary says nervously. He looks over at her shoveling muffins in his mouth. "I can make more for you if you take us home."

Shigaraki considers it then shakes his head no again.

"Shiggy, please. I'll return tonight. I must go back and help my sisters and brothers. We're orphans. We're the only family we have." Shigaraki wavers. He understand what it is like to be an orphan.

"Family? Drury and Squishy Shig family. Safe here," He says finally. Going back to stuff his face, he growls when Drury tries to talk him into letting them go back. With trembling hands, Mary touches him.

"If Shiggy is family, then the others are family too. Help us save our family, please, Shiggy," Mary begs. His stern features soften at Mary's words. He considers how to say what he needs to say as he swallows.

"Squishy stay. Drury brings family. Drury, Squishy, family, stay with Shiggy." Mary looks to Drury.   

"What does he want?"