Guardians of the Universe Series by Lumendea

First Book: The Blonde Girl

10+ books in the series

Fanfiction.net

.......................

Story: We all know Rose Tyler's story. She first encounters aliens when she was 19, at her clothing shop, where she was saved by the ninth Doctor. She's with the Doctor for two seasons, until she is ripped away from him and becomes stuck in a parallel universe. But, what if she encounters aliens earlier in life, when she was eleven to be exact. Well, maybe, her life would be the same, just with a freak accident when she was a pre-teen; or maybe her whole timeline would shift in order to make way for a woman with an life full of adventure. 

.......................

My thoughts: This series is... incredible. There are no other words for it; it's just amazing. For a few weeks my whole life revolved around this series, staying up till past 2am because I'm physically unable to put my iPad down. Lumendea's command of words is simply stunning, she is able to create such amazing original adventures, and convincing characters that feel real. With every challenge that Rose faces, I feel anxiety and my heart actually starts beating faster. As you read each book in the series, you become more and more in love with each character and their quirks. I highly HIGHLY recommend this series; it's just, so good. And, we all love a badass and confident female lead.